Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Heavy Rain Waterfalls, Hilo Hawaii 12-2017

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I was going to make a video of hidden waterfalls, but I shot so many. Then, I was going to make one of the local Rainbow Falls, but it was too boring, too many tourists around. Then, it started raining....hard. I can't see 10' hard. Every 20 years hard -- for days. It finally stopped for a few hours, then rained 8" in 12 hours!

This was shot in an area called "Boiling Pots". I flew in rain & wind several times b/c water levels drop so fast. It gets tricky in the heavier air the closer you get to waterfalls -- the XSP performed really well! It's in 1080p, & 1440p

Last edited:
Very cool. Lots of water going over there for sure. Looks like the spring run off we get on Kakabeka Falls here in town.

I envy you brother....You live in a awsome place..Been there many times. Would love to see any videos you post.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Yes, its about 4200 feet straight from my back door. This is taking off from my backyard.

Nice! That's a lot of water too! Wow. It's so lush too. I know that means lots of rain/snow, but I don't mind, the resulting greenery is worth it!

OK, I have to ask :) Didn't you violate a bunch of the Canadian drone rules to shoot that? Height, distance, line of sight, etc., etc.? I do it too, but very, very carefully, LOL

Nice! That's a lot of water too! Wow. It's so lush too. I know that means lots of rain/snow, but I don't mind, the resulting greenery is worth it!

OK, I have to ask :) Didn't you violate a bunch of the Canadian drone rules to shoot that? Height, distance, line of sight, etc., etc.? I do it too, but very, very carefully, LOL

LOL
I may have. I will have to look it up. :)

Actually I can fly over there at 300 feet which is right at the upper end. I can still see the quad at about 3800 feet as long as I don't take my eyes off of it but flying over houses and the highway was a NoNo.
I used google maps to measure it and it was only 2936 feet as the crow flies but once the quad gets past the tree line I loose sight of it for some reason.

Last edited:
I was going to make a video of hidden waterfalls, but I shot so many. Then, I was going to make one of the local Rainbow Falls, but it was too boring, too many tourists around. Then, it started raining....hard. I can't see 10' hard. Every 20 years hard -- for days. It finally stopped for a few hours, then rained 8" in 12 hours!

This was shot in an area called "Boiling Pots". I flew in rain & wind several times b/c water levels drop so fast. It gets tricky in the heavier air the closer you get to waterfalls -- the XSP performed really well! It's in 1080p, & 1440p

Yes, its about 4200 feet straight from my back door. This is taking off from my backyard.

Absolutely amazing stuff there gentleman. Wow.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Plus simple pour moi d'écrire en Français !
Bravo pour cette Magnifique vidéo, tu as pris des risques, et j'aime beaucoup !
Tu as osé filmer avec des conditions pas faciles, et rien que pour cela, je dit Monsieur !!!!
Grace a nos Drones, et a des personnes comme toi et moi, nous pouvons voir la Beauté Furieuse de la nature ....
Merci Merci ..
Google translate please !!
Thank you so much Bro !

Plus simple pour moi d'écrire en Français !
Bravo pour cette Magnifique vidéo, tu as pris des risques, et j'aime beaucoup !
Tu as osé filmer avec des conditions pas faciles, et rien que pour cela, je dit Monsieur !!!!
Grace a nos Drones, et a des personnes comme toi et moi, nous pouvons voir la Beauté Furieuse de la nature ....
Merci Merci ..
Google translate please !!
Thank you so much Bro !

Merci Merci .. Thanks for the kind words, in French!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials