Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hidden Waterfalls of East Hawaii

Great footage I have hidden areas like that where I live I want to shoot but I’m afraid of Murphy’s law and something going wrong loosing my drone somewhere I can’t get to either physically or legally, I’m currently thinking of switching to Autel from Dji (I’m here to do little research on Autel products) I am so far impressed with what I see coming from the Autel Drones! Keep up the good work and fly safe! :)
TY! The XSP has a good camera, one of the best for a drone under $1000.
You bring-up a really good point. I had to get over loosing the XSP. No pain, no gain. Either I take chances, or I miss a lot. Look at some of the videos posted here. Many overfly areas that are irretrievably rugged, wet, or both. You can take every precaution (scout area for hazards, use a 10” tablet on full brightness to see where you’re going when the XSP is out of line-of-sight, extreme battery management, practice flights, flight plans with emergency LZ’s, setting the return home altitude to reflect the immediate surroundings, etc, etc). If you do all of that, the only way you’ll go down is flying into something or sudden battery failure (which is rare, but happened to me once). Autel replaced the XSP after reviewing the flight log., I had about 15-20 sec to clear a waterfall, I didn’t quite make it...

I’ve made many dumb mistakes, but the Autel survived them all. I finally started to approach the XSP as just another photographic tool. Maybe b/c I’ve been paid to perform photograph/video most of my adult life, I had to learn to not baby cameras. To use them like a builder uses construction tools. I beat the ever-lovin’ crap out of cameras, I’ve never had one fail (ok, a Titan IV rocket melted one, but I put it too close).

The XSP is amazingly durable. It’s survived numerous crashes from me doing stupid things trying to get a unique shot. I guess my bottom line is, take every reasonable precaution, and go for it. I accept (grudgingly) every time I take off, the XSP could be lost. BTW, Twice I hired a “tree guy” friend to retrieve the XSP from high up in trees, or off a cliff — always from me flying solely through the camera vision it a forested area. Risky, but it occasionally must be done. Now, I scout the area thoroughly from a higher altitude (through the camera) and cautiously go lower until I loose my nerve! Go for it!

Reactions: H8Dji
I totally agree with you, we have in our hands a very good drone, and for me the best camera in the world!
I have two x-star wifi then 1 year and a half, and I never had a big problem, the only problems were often my fault!
Pilot error, or not properly viewed the application information.

[/QUOTE]
The XSP is amazingly durable. It’s survived numerous crashes from me doing stupid things trying to get a unique shot. I guess my bottom line is, take every reasonable precaution, and go for it. I accept (grudgingly) every time I take off, the XSP could be lost. BTW, Twice I hired a “tree guy” friend to retrieve the XSP from high up in trees, or off a cliff — always from me flying solely through the camera vision it a forested area. Risky, but it occasionally must be done. Now, I scout the area thoroughly from a higher altitude (through the camera) and cautiously go lower until I loose my nerve! Go for it![/QUOTE]

I have been thinking of using a less valuable drone to scout for hazards as a preflight check one day a old mavic may become just such a tooll lol. As of now I have a New Mavic Pro Platinum a Phantom 3 Pro (its blind due to dji Firmware) and 2 off brand drones one with a Yunic 4K camera and one I just can’t seem to get off the ground (it flips the second it’s a inch off the ground) I got the used drones off someone on a trade the one I can’t get to fly is probably a setting on the RC? Because I saw it fly but the RC has a ton of switch’s and buttons I don’t know what they are? I can’t find a manual anywhere on it. So it’s grounded for now I don’t trust it even if it does go up one day. But yeah I know there’s risks I am just New at the drone thing I have a lot of Dslr’s been into photography since the 80’s I even had a Dream job working for BEF in the engineering department till they closed it down, BEF was the worlds largest Photolab refurbishing company lots of cool toys to play with.

The XSP is amazingly durable. It’s survived numerous crashes from me doing stupid things trying to get a unique shot. I guess my bottom line is, take every reasonable precaution, and go for it. I accept (grudgingly) every time I take off, the XSP could be lost. BTW, Twice I hired a “tree guy” friend to retrieve the XSP from high up in trees, or off a cliff — always from me flying solely through the camera vision it a forested area. Risky, but it occasionally must be done. Now, I scout the area thoroughly from a higher altitude (through the camera) and cautiously go lower until I loose my nerve! Go for it![/QUOTE]

I have been thinking of using a less valuable drone to scout for hazards as a preflight check one day a old mavic may become just such a tooll lol. As of now I have a New Mavic Pro Platinum a Phantom 3 Pro (its blind due to dji Firmware) and 2 off brand drones one with a Yunic 4K camera and one I just can’t seem to get off the ground (it flips the second it’s a inch off the ground) I got the used drones off someone on a trade the one I can’t get to fly is probably a setting on the RC? Because I saw it fly but the RC has a ton of switch’s and buttons I don’t know what they are? I can’t find a manual anywhere on it. So it’s grounded for now I don’t trust it even if it does go up one day. But yeah I know there’s risks I am just New at the drone thing I have a lot of Dslr’s been into photography since the 80’s I even had a Dream job working for BEF in the engineering department till they closed it down, BEF was the worlds largest Photolab refurbishing company lots of cool toys to play with.[/QUOTE]

Most comon cause of a UAV flipping over on take off is either the props are put on wrong or the motors are spinning in the wrong direction. I had a Yuneec Q500 I did a motor replacement on and forgot to check the motor rotation in the GUI and it just went up about 6 inches and would flip. LOL

Reactions: H8Dji
13C1771A-5E53-4A9B-BC24-C3707BE39CEA.jpeg
The XSP is amazingly durable. It’s survived numerous crashes from me doing stupid things trying to get a unique shot. I guess my bottom line is, take every reasonable precaution, and go for it. I accept (grudgingly) every time I take off, the XSP could be lost. BTW, Twice I hired a “tree guy” friend to retrieve the XSP from high up in trees, or off a cliff — always from me flying solely through the camera vision it a forested area. Risky, but it occasionally must be done. Now, I scout the area thoroughly from a higher altitude (through the camera) and cautiously go lower until I loose my nerve! Go for it!

I have been thinking of using a less valuable drone to scout for hazards as a preflight check one day a old mavic may become just such a tooll lol. As of now I have a New Mavic Pro Platinum a Phantom 3 Pro (its blind due to dji Firmware) and 2 off brand drones one with a Yunic 4K camera and one I just can’t seem to get off the ground (it flips the second it’s a inch off the ground) I got the used drones off someone on a trade the one I can’t get to fly is probably a setting on the RC? Because I saw it fly but the RC has a ton of switch’s and buttons I don’t know what they are? I can’t find a manual anywhere on it. So it’s grounded for now I don’t trust it even if it does go up one day. But yeah I know there’s risks I am just New at the drone thing I have a lot of Dslr’s been into photography since the 80’s I even had a Dream job working for BEF in the engineering department till they closed it down, BEF was the worlds largest Photolab refurbishing company lots of cool toys to play with.[/QUOTE]

Most comon cause of a UAV flipping over on take off is either the props are put on wrong or the motors are spinning in the wrong direction. I had a Yuneec Q500 I did a motor replacement on and forgot to check the motor rotation in the GUI and it just went up about 6 inches and would flip. LOL[/QUOTE]
That can’t be it because it’s exactly how it was when the seller flew it I didn’t touch it the props never came off! That’s why I don’t trust it. It’s almost like 2 motors are not accelerating when I try to send it up it’s a CX-22 here’s a photo of it as I got it!

Most comon cause of a UAV flipping over on take off is either the props are put on wrong or the motors are spinning in the wrong direction. I had a Yuneec Q500 I did a motor replacement on and forgot to check the motor rotation in the GUI and it just went up about 6 inches and would flip. LOL[/QUOTE]

That can’t be it because it’s exactly how it was when the seller flew it I didn’t touch it the props never came off! That’s why I don’t trust it. It’s almost like 2 motors are not accelerating when I try to send it up it’s a CX-22 here’s a photo of it as I got it!

View attachment 2042

I have been thinking of using a less valuable drone to scout for hazards as a preflight check one day a old mavic may become just such a tooll lol. As of now I have a New Mavic Pro Platinum a Phantom 3 Pro (its blind due to dji Firmware) and 2 off brand drones one with a Yunic 4K camera and one I just can’t seem to get off the ground (it flips the second it’s a inch off the ground) I got the used drones off someone on a trade the one I can’t get to fly is probably a setting on the RC? Because I saw it fly but the RC has a ton of switch’s and buttons I don’t know what they are? I can’t find a manual anywhere on it. So it’s grounded for now I don’t trust it even if it does go up one day. But yeah I know there’s risks I am just New at the drone thing I have a lot of Dslr’s been into photography since the 80’s I even had a Dream job working for BEF in the engineering department till they closed it down, BEF was the worlds largest Photolab refurbishing company lots of cool toys to play with.

That can’t be it because it’s exactly how it was when the seller flew it I didn’t touch it the props never came off! That’s why I don’t trust it. It’s almost like 2 motors are not accelerating when I try to send it up it’s a CX-22 here’s a photo of it as I got it![/QUOTE]

Attachments

• E965B3AA-8A84-4861-B9AB-CECC857241F5.jpeg
    E965B3AA-8A84-4861-B9AB-CECC857241F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Beautiful video, great example of "aerial artistry" - look forward to seeing it on the Autel site! Thanks for sharing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller