Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Headset for the EVO and tablet.

The Evo was never designed to be used as a FPV drone. I have no desire to fly FPV with a $1K drone. That's what my BB2 is for.
You need to try VR in Ludicrous mode.. its so much fun. ( I use the Bebop 2 goggles however its a hassle and if you move your head a little down the gimbal moves and shakes)

Reactions: mixchief and Ansia
I am going to post a video in the photos section with me using the Bebop 2 goggles and my phone. You all can see what I am talking about. Thanks for all of your info.

Reactions: jafemu1
My intention was to be able to connect a quality headset so “ passengers” could have a FPV experience. And the VR mode included in the Explorer App is for android users only and the 10 dollar crappy box. And the new Epson Moverio glasses would be nice to use, but only DJI compatible I believe.
Just like with the DJI CS you can backdoor install the Autel App, or so I've read, just like you can sneak Litchi on to the Moverios

You need to try VR in Ludicrous mode.. its so much fun. ( I use the Bebop 2 goggles however its a hassle and if you move your head a little down the gimbal moves and shakes)
Can you disable the head control?

Should be easy enough to look in the app. I might try it in my back yard today, I just never felt confortable in those VR goggles

Reactions: Ansia
Should be easy enough to look in the app. I might try it in my back yard today, I just never felt confortable in those VR goggles
There is NO way to turn off the control. If its in VR mode you have to deal with it... I requested an option to turn this off in the next update if possible. :)

Reactions: mixchief
There is NO way to turn off the control. If its in VR mode you have to deal with it... I requested an option to turn this off in the next update if possible. :)
oh well, can't win them all. in Lit hi you have a choi of bead tracking or no head tracking, and I think you can also control yaw as can be done with the DJI Goggles, but that feature I feel potentially dangerous if you are not able to shut off the real world, I can see someone turning right into an obstacle of some sort.

What if you switch in the settings as standard instead of fpv? Wouldn't that prevent the gimbal from moving?

What if you switch in the settings as standard instead of fpv? Wouldn't that prevent the gimbal from moving?
The VR mode produces two small screens one for each eye that works with the goggles. IF you try to view a standard screen with Bebop 2 goggles it does not work. Your method works with goggles that display the phones screen like the VIPER XT 2.0. I also asked them if they could create the option of directly plugging into HDMI goggles from your controller. You did say that the smaller connector had data right?

The VR mode produces two small screens one for each eye that works with the goggles. IF you try to view a standard screen with Bebop 2 goggles it does not work. Your method works with goggles that display the phones screen like the VIPER XT 2.0. I also asked them if they could create the option of directly plugging into HDMI goggles from your controller. You did say that the smaller connector had data right?
Yes, but it can only transmit data from one port at a time and the small connector is the main source. I believe that using a USB C to HDMI adapter can work, but I am not sure. Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy to purchase a TV and will look into buying one of these as well just to try it out. I understand about the FPV using VR mode. What I am reffering to is in the settings area shown below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190216-154620_Autel Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20190216-154620_Autel Explorer.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Madhungarian
Yes, but it can only transmit data from one port at a time and the small connector is the main source. I believe that using a USB C to HDMI adapter can work, but I am not sure. Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy to purchase a TV and will look into buying one of these as well just to try it out. I understand about the FPV using VR mode. What I am reffering to is in the settings area shown below.
When you have that set to FPV then your video tilts when you bank turn. Like you really flying a jet. :)

Sorry it took me such a long time, but I finally bought the USB-C to HDMI adapter. I bought this one:

Sorry to report that no matter what combination you might use, it won't work. The tablet sends video signal to the TV perfectly, but the controller won't send the video feed from the Evo.

I tried connecting it on both controller ports, on both dongle ports, I even put power on the dongle just to make sure it wasn't lacking power, but nope. It works well on my tablet, now I have a 65" tablet!!

Reactions: Madhungarian
Sorry it took me such a long time, but I finally bought the USB-C to HDMI adapter. I bought this one:

Sorry to report that no matter what combination you might use, it won't work. The tablet sends video signal to the TV perfectly, but the controller won't send the video feed from the Evo.

I tried connecting it on both controller ports, on both dongle ports, I even put power on the dongle just to make sure it wasn't lacking power, but nope. It works well on my tablet, now I have a 65" tablet!!
If you can afford 180 bucks the goggles are the way to go... I flew again today with the goggles I will post soon.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supa_jb