Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hawaii Island video wallpaper made for a friend’s Cafe/Bar

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Every bit of footage of the island I took since late 2016 (that didn’t suck, LOL) — put together for a friend’s business. He wanted it to be an hour, I gave-up at 55min. I don’t expect any of you to watch the whole thing, I’ve done that for you, 17 times! I won’t do this again anytime soon... Here’s my words from YouTube:

A 55 min. 4K video (YouTube 1080p) of the Big Island of Hawaii. Made as video wallpaper for a local restaurant's 75" HDTV, repeated 12 hrs a day, the edits are longer than normal since few will watch it in it's entirety in one sitting.

Eighteen months and 100+ drone flights resulted in this unique look at our 4000 sq. mi. volcanic rock. Many areas are completely inaccessible, drones are a unique method to experience them. The opening shot, 45s, and 1:45m are three examples of a dozen clips showing areas that are gone -- now covered by 20 feet of lava...

Last edited:
Every bit of footage of the island I took since late 2016 (that didn’t suck, LOL) — put together for a friend’s business. He wanted it to be an hour, I gave-up at 55min. I don’t expect any of you to watch the whole thing, I’ve done that for you, 17 times! I won’t do this again anytime soon... Here’s my words from YouTube:

A 55 min. 4K video (YouTube 1080p) of the Big Island of Hawaii. Made as video wallpaper for a local restaurant's 75" HDTV, repeated 12 hrs a day, the edits are longer than normal since few will watch it in it's entirety in one sitting.

Eighteen months and 100+ drone flights resulted in this unique look at our 4000 sq. mi. volcanic rock. Many areas are completely inaccessible, drones are a unique method to experience them. The opening shot, 45s, and 1:45m are three examples of a dozen clips showing areas that are gone -- now covered by 20 feet of lava...

Excellent video!! How you edited a video that long is amazing. If I do one six minutes my mind vapor locks. I will watch it all in ten minute segments that is about all I can handle at one time. It is to bad that area is overrun with tourist's.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Excellent video!! How you edited a video that long is amazing. If I do one six minutes my mind vapor locks. I will watch it all in ten minute segments that is about all I can handle at one time. It is to bad that area is overrun with tourist's.
Thanks much. Ohhhh, my head hurt so many times I’d walk away for a week at a time! I enjoy editing, but this was brutal...

Wow! I salute you, Sir, on an excellent production.

Right now such an exertion must clog your head, but after a few years in the desert I’m sure you will find the production as mesmerizing as we did.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Wow! I salute you, Sir, on an excellent production.

Right now such an exertion must clog your head, but after a few years in the desert I’m sure you will find the production as mesmerizing as we did.
Thanks for the kind words guys... K, I think you have a point. I sent it to my neighbor in Hilo and he said something similar. Maybe I’m too close to it right now, but after a few years of dehydration, I’ll look back and be very glad I did it...

Reactions: KentA
Thanks for the kind words guys... K, I think you have a point. I sent it to my neighbor in Hilo and he said something similar. Maybe I’m too close to it right now, but after a few years of dehydration, I’ll look back and be very glad I did it...
After a few summers I think you will want to go back and crawl under one of those waterfalls:D

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy