Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Gimbal tilt up?

Tabitz

Reaction score
While trying to capture a beautiful sunset, I was a little frustrated with the inability to tilt my gimbal up a few degrees while hovering. Is there a setting or mode of operation that would allow this? If not, is this something that would be able to worked into a revision or update?

Last edited:
There is no way to tilt the gimbal up.
Maybe if somebody modifies the app or controller software that would change

The pitch-up travel is available... During gimbal calibration, you can plainly see the camera pointing up quite a bit. However, pointing up any further than horizontal during video recording will bring the front rotors into view. Except maybe flying backwards in ludicrous mode... the front rotors will always interfere.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I’d like an option or setting to try it. Max tilt occurs during full speed forward, and the props are only sometimes visible. I’d think you could get away with a few degrees in a hover.

Left prop on the EVO would get in the way with very little upward tilt. Even the most experienced fliers still get that prop in their videos from time to time. Not sure why they off centered the camera they way they did but that is not helping getting that prop in the videos of photos.

I’d like an option or setting to try it. Max tilt occurs during full speed forward, and the props are only sometimes visible. I’d think you could get away with a few degrees in a hover.
Agreed. Where I am the one recording the video, it would be nice to tilt up a bit more and let me set my own limits. For example, as I said before, flying backwards would help keep rotors out of view when pointing farther up.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials