Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Getting pictures from internal memory to PC

CMILD561

Reaction score
Greetings, first post.

I was in the field yesterday and forgot my SD card. So I took about 200 pictures to the internal memory. I got home and plugged in the USB C on the drone to my computer and windows explorer does not find any pictures. Thats weird I thought so I went about investigating other ways.

I connected my drone and controller, and can see all the pictures in the gallery fine so I know that it indeed took them properly and I am not crazy. I am now downloading those pictures but man IT IS SLOW! I am only about 8 pictures in and it has taken 30 minutes already. This is going to take all day and Ill need to use 5 batteries to keep the drone powered on. My remote has used up half its battery life already. Surely there is a better way to do this.

Also, can you clarify what is actually happening now during the "download"? I selected the internal pictures and then chose to upload them to dropbox, as that is what my employer uses. When I am downloading them, am I downloading from the drone to the controller? Or the drone to my phone? Because I do not see a new album on my actual phone. However they need to be going through phone because that is where the dropbox app exists to allow the upload. Yet I dont see the actual files on my phone.

Thanks for clarification!

Ran into something like this the other day, the solution was easy, using a data cable (make sure its not just a charging cable) with USB-C attach to laptop to USB-C port on aircraft, power on aircraft, should see a new drive/device appear (at least on Windows), copy files from device using win explorer or tool of your choice. Was also able to use a USB-C to USB-C cable and attach from my droid phone to the aircraft when powered up and use file tool to copy files from aircraft. To the droid it just looked like any other USB attached device. Couple of tips besides to use a data cable, remember to take your gimbal cover off b4 power up, also take your props off just in case. Its easier to take a few extra seconds to remove and reattach props vs. if aircraft were to accidentally power up.

update. the solution is in another post. It is not the cable. It is that the internal memory of the drone stores pictures in a different structural format. I think FAT32. Most windows computers do not recognize this be default. You need to download a different explorer in order to see and move the files. Once you drag and drop them to the desktop they behave normally.

I think the freeware that someone else linked to, which I used as well, was called Salamander.

update. the solution is in another post. It is not the cable. It is that the internal memory of the drone stores pictures in a different structural format. I think FAT32. Most windows computers do not recognize this be default. You need to download a different explorer in order to see and move the files. Once you drag and drop them to the desktop they behave normally.

I think the freeware that someone else linked to, which I used as well, was called Salamander.
Current versions of Windows (e.g. Win10) as well as Adroid based devices can read the internal disk (memory) storage structure format of the E2/E2P natively, especially if it is fat/fat32/xfat etc.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hippo35