Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Getting into FPV

Tanto nadar para morir ahogado en la orilla.

So you ended up buying a Walkera after all? How is it? I don't do FPV, since it gets me dizzy rather quickly.
well, the only thing that walkera did well was their racing drones... but their camera drones sucks! yo pensaba que no hablabas bien el espanol.... mi hermano!

Did the auto translation system stop working?
Lol I wrote that in Spanish, because I don't know a phrase similar to it in English. Basically what I mean is that he has been wanting a Walkera for a while and after a long time debating and knowing they aren't very good, he still bought one.

Anyone here also practice with FPV goggles? I bought this goggles from amazon as my first intro Goggles into FPV: Amazon.com: Flysight View Optix HD 5.8ghz Goggles W/HDMI and AV DVR: Electronics

I have a walkera 250 drone!
I started FPV with a furry bee which if I remember cost $18 bucks I soldered on a small camera and hot glued it to the top of the drone. I got a cheap set of goggles and flew that thing around in my garage all winter. Lots of crash's it took some time but I got so I could fly between the wires suspending the florescent lights and even land on them once in a while.
I graduated to a hubsan 501s and practiced flying though the Joshua trees out in the desert. It takes time to learn how close you are to things and whats around you. I used the same goggles and hated the damn things.
I moved up to the XSTAR and one day tried a photographers hood to cover my control and tablet. That my friend was the best thing I ever did.
I now fly the EVO and made my own custom hood that cost $5 bucks. I can no longer fly any other way.
I would suggest spending some time flying close to an object and taking the goggles of just to see how close you are it will surprise you.
If you want to fly out a ways and get up close and personal with something this is the way to go.
Good Luck and go slow to begin with.#1.JPG#9.JPG

I started FPV with a furry bee which if I remember cost $18 bucks I soldered on a small camera and hot glued it to the top of the drone. I got a cheap set of goggles and flew that thing around in my garage all winter. Lots of crash's it took some time but I got so I could fly between the wires suspending the florescent lights and even land on them once in a while.
I graduated to a hubsan 501s and practiced flying though the Joshua trees out in the desert. It takes time to learn how close you are to things and whats around you. I used the same goggles and hated the damn things.
I moved up to the XSTAR and one day tried a photographers hood to cover my control and tablet. That my friend was the best thing I ever did.
I now fly the EVO and made my own custom hood that cost $5 bucks. I can no longer fly any other way.
I would suggest spending some time flying close to an object and taking the goggles of just to see how close you are it will surprise you.
If you want to fly out a ways and get up close and personal with something this is the way to go.
Good Luck and go slow to begin with.View attachment 6252View attachment 6253
A lot of knowledge and experience in there for sure. I am thinking to go to an open area with no trees to practice FPV in close range. Getting use to it and see how I feel about it. If you want to see a real pro in the FPV, see Mr. Steeler in youtube. He is just crazy and beautiful in the art of flying FPV.

A lot of knowledge and experience in there for sure. I am thinking to go to an open area with no trees to practice FPV in close range. Getting use to it and see how I feel about it. If you want to see a real pro in the FPV, see Mr. Steeler in youtube. He is just crazy and beautiful in the art of flying FPV.
A lot of these guys have amazing skills. I will never have the nerve to fly like that.
A lot of those guys have some amazing skill. I will never fly like that, my EVO is way to expensive and I have a few built in twitches that would cause me a lot of grief. But I will fly out there a long way and circle the top of a small hill within 20 - 30 feet and have no qualms because I know exactly where my drone is all the time.

Reactions: macoman
Good Luck and go slow to begin with.View attachment 6252View attachment 6253
LOL!

Anyone here also practice with FPV goggles? I bought this goggles from amazon as my first intro Goggles into FPV: Amazon.com: Flysight View Optix HD 5.8ghz Goggles W/HDMI and AV DVR: Electronics

I have a walkera 250 drone!
I do not know what that is.
Get yourself a BNF(Bind and fly) drone like the Tinyhawk.
THis video is from a drone I built, you can get an idea.

Tinyhawk I fly at night in my street.

This is how I practiced and used different mode like Stabilized, Horizon, and Acro.

Last edited:
Reactions: macoman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d