Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geo Fencing Coming To Autel In Conflict Regions

Because that's not how 99% of the users use their products.
I guess I'm one of those 1%.... I am never connected to the internet when I fly and prefer not to update unless I know exactly what the update involves. Unfortunately there are those who ignore the rules and do not fly zones.... so I would say geo-fencing will become an inevitable requirement of the FAA at some point.

Because that's not how 99% of the users use their products.
I think you should stick to speaking for yourself and not 99% of drone users. From what I've read in various forums, here, FB, etc., most people only do FW updates if absolutely needed. Too many problems have shown up after the updates historically. I personally haven't updated my 2+ year old E2P V1 for at least 1.5 years because it works just fine the way it is.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
It won't happen because Autel does not force updates. Just don't update FW and you should be fine. It cannot get any updates through gps
They don't force updates until they do. Nobody but Autel and the CCP knows what the software and firmware contains today or in the next update. What it has and what they tell you it has are not necessarily the same thing either.

For all we know, the functionality could be baked into the software and firmware now already, waiting for an OTA command to enable. Probably not. But my point is, they can and will use whatever tactics are available and convenient.

Reactions: G_G
I think you should stick to speaking for yourself and not 99% of drone users. From what I've read in various forums, here, FB, etc., most people only do FW updates if absolutely needed. Too many problems have shown up after the updates historically. I personally haven't updated my 2+ year old E2P V1 for at least 1.5 years because it works just fine the way it is.
So you're speaking for everyone but I can't? Got it. Lol.

I just updated my Max 4T and Now it tells me that I can't take off because I'm in Russa! I'm flying in north Mississippi! This update had Geofencing, NOW I CAN'T FLY!

PLEASE let us know what Autel says and the fix :)
Yeah, something goofy going on with their programmers. This has been an issue with Autel Robotics since day one of their existence and a very common complaint over the years.

Last edited:
Let me guess you bought it used for a great deal on Ebay.

Oh boy, OK.... this could get interesting.

I actually sold one of my FPV drones at 1/2 market price to a guy buying drones for the Ukrainian resistance. He has sent me a coupe pretty cool photos from the front line in the last month or so. I hope, in a way, I have helped the cause....

Oh boy, OK.... this could get interesting.

I actually sold one of my FPV drones at 1/2 market price to a guy buying drones for the Ukrainian resistance. He has sent me a coupe pretty cool photos from the front line in the last month or so. I hope, in a way, I have helped the cause....
FPV drones seem like they have been really effective.

So I think, but haven't been able to verify, they've introduced more geofencing not just in conflict zones.

Playing around tonight getting comfy with the max controls and features I noticed what looks like blackout zones around airports and prisons. Now it's not the whole class C or B airspace, just along runway paths and directly over prison property, but it's there.

Don't have a red framed area to check out nearby to see for sure. Also this doesn't show up on my Evo Ii v3. ( But the conflict zones like Russia/Ukraine do)

--Chris

Attachments

• ScreenShot_1707974349387.jpg
    ScreenShot_1707974349387.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot_1707974436245.jpg
    ScreenShot_1707974436245.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 6
I noticed what looks like blackout zones around airports and prisons. Now it's not the whole class C or B airspace, just along runway paths and directly over prison property, but it's there.

Don't have a red framed area to check out nearby to see for sure. Also this doesn't show up on my Evo Ii v3. ( But the conflict zones like Russia/Ukraine do)
It could be a for advisory purposes to illustrate where you shouldn't fly or where you should be careful. Or it could be even more things for me to say "I told you so" about :). But typical Autel, no documentation explaining it?

So I think, but haven't been able to verify, they've introduced more geofencing not just in conflict zones.

Playing around tonight getting comfy with the max controls and features I noticed what looks like blackout zones around airports and prisons. Now it's not the whole class C or B airspace, just along runway paths and directly over prison property, but it's there.

--Chris
Until you can test it, it's safe to assume they have updated their maps to show airport no-fly zones, one of the most important areas to not fly around without a solid understanding of the rules and a real need to do so.

Advisories are fine. I encourage them to do that. You know, because "I told you so". ;)

Until you can test it, it's safe to assume they have updated their maps to show airport no-fly zones, one of the most important areas to not fly around without a solid understanding of the rules and a real need to do so.

Advisories are fine. I encourage them to do that. You know, because "I told you so". ;)
Yeah, not about to try it over a prison. :)

Local airport closest to me that I fly manned a/c out of isn't marked, so running a test there won't work. I'll give it a shot at some point, but not sure when I can try to see if these are really no-flys or just advisories.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34