Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FreezeFollow

robsoprano

Reaction score
I see this FreezeFollow feature advertised in addition to Active Track. Has anyone used this, or is it also supposed to be included in a future firmware update (which never comes)?

FreezeFollow: Film from any angle.

Direct your nano+ to stay in a predefined position while following a subject, allowing you to continually film a moving person or object from any angle in three-dimensional space, as opposed to just from the side or from behind.

This will be the Autel Nano released in Narnia perhaps. BIG difference between what they advertise and what you take out of the box. There are still loads of Autel in-house marketing pages and videos all over the net that claim Dynamic Track 2.1 is part of the firmware... and a lot of them still don't have the very... very small print disclaimer on one single screenshot that this feature MIGHT arrive in some undefined 'future' update.

If BMW sold their cars with the promise that the headlights might arrive at some indefinite future date after you had forked out the money to buy one... BMW would quickly find out what the word 'insolvency' meant. I wonder why drone manufacturers get away with something similar (in principle) time and time again?

Maybe they think that anyone who considers buying a drone is a blockhead with more money than sense.

I didn't know there was a name for it but yes, mine does this in Portrait mode.

Take off
Fly to position
Select Video
Select Portrait
Outline Target on screen
Press shutter

Video will be recorded and the Nano will rotate on the spot as the subject moves. Note: it only yaws. It will not move forward, back or sideways.

I've not tested yaw rate so I don't know how fast you could move and still keep it following your movements. I guess that'll also depend how far away you are.

Take off
Fly to position
Select Video
Select Portrait
Outline Target on screen
Press shutter

Video will be recorded and the Nano will rotate on the spot as the subject moves. Note: it only yaws. It will not move forward, back or sideways.

I've not tested yaw rate so I don't know how fast you could move and still keep it following your movements. I guess that'll also depend how far away you are.
OK. That is not what I was looking for then if it will only yaw. Thanks for your reply.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791