Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying without Data?

It would be nice if it would be made possible to delete the cached maps without having to uninstall and reinstall the app. Seems like a kludgy way to do it.

It would be nice if it would be made possible to delete the cached maps without having to uninstall and reinstall the app. Seems like a kludgy way to do it.
What do you mean? Uninstall and reinstall what app? Cached maps take virtually no room but you could also go into your apps in the settings section and delete cache if you really needed to.

What do you mean? Uninstall and reinstall what app? Cached maps take virtually no room but you could also go into your apps in the settings section and delete cache if you really needed to.
Look at the Autel video and that's what they recommend to get rid of cached maps. Now going to the app settings and deleting the cache seems like a good idea, but that doesn't work on the Go4 app, so likely won't work with Explorer (else the Autel video would have mentioned it). If you know of any workaround, though, i'm all ears.

Look at the Autel video and that's what they recommend to get rid of cached maps. Now going to the app settings and deleting the cache seems like a good idea, but that doesn't work on the Go4 app, so likely won't work with Explorer (else the Autel video would have mentioned it). If you know of any workaround, though, i'm all ears.
In all honesty you'll never have to get rid of the cached maps as it takes virtually no room. I watched the video again and see where he said that but man oh man if you have to delete cached maps you should really get a device with more storage.

Reactions: Normex
Will I be able to use the Evo without data on the connected device, a wifi only tablet? Thanks!

One of the touted features of the Evo is that you don’t need a phone or tablet at all, just use the screen on the controller. As already stated, you lose smart shots, though.

so how does the remote know where its at if no phone/internet is connected?
Will maps be cached to the RC remote or what?
feels like RTH and other map related things would be a hit or miss without cached maps

so how does the remote know where its at if no phone/internet is connected?
Will maps be cached to the RC remote or what?
feels like RTH and other map related things would be a hit or miss without cached maps
1: GPS through the drone itself.
2: Cached to the app on the phone/tablet.
3: RTH is GPS related. Maps are cached to view location and set parameters for stuff like way points. Once the cached maps are loaded you'll be able to see location on the maps through GPS.

Reactions: sopaj96
1: GPS through the drone itself.
2: Cached to the app on the phone/tablet.
3: RTH is GPS related. Maps are cached to view location and set parameters for stuff like way points. Once the cached maps are loaded you'll be able to see location on the maps through GPS.

So worst case scenario, if i fly the drone without a phone the RTH should work as expected?
Thing is some times I've found myself in a position where I have the drone in my car or bag, and my phone is low on battery. I see something beautiful and I can't rly fly if my phone is low on battery/dead. So the no phone thing is very very appealing to me

Currently dont have this drone, only the Mavic Pro

The drone should RTH with no problems.
One of the first tests I did on my XSP was to fly out about 1000 feet out and about 300 feet up (with no wifi on my phone) and turn off the controller. It RTH with the RC sitting on the ground with power off.

Reactions: sopaj96
The drone should RTH with no problems.
One of the first tests I did on my XSP was to fly out about 1000 feet out and about 300 feet up (with no wifi on my phone) and turn off the controller. It RTH with the RC sitting on the ground with power off.

Big thanks for the input! :)

And how about caching maps without a Google account?

A Google Account was not listed as prerequisites for this Drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga