Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying Issues

taniner

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues flying after the drone reaches a certain height? For me it seems my done has issues after maybe 200-300 feet. After it reaches this hight it only goes up or down and won't go forward, backwards and sideways.

Please help....thank you in advance.

yeah it's all i could think of, offhand. it's probably moving really really slow in all directions except one. are you really saying once you get some height the drone won't go anywhere else but directly down? could be but i guess it sounds pretty strange.

It happened twice so far because I don't want to lose it if I'm unable to bring it back to me. Today I took it straight up in the front yard about 600 feet. I was only able to spin and go up and down.

It happened twice so far because I don't want to lose it if I'm unable to bring it back to me. Today I took it straight up in the front yard about 600 feet. I was only able to spin and go up and down.
sorry i don't know what to tell you. perhaps your drone is defective and you might need a replacement. also it would be helpful to know what sw version you are on and where you got the drone from since there seems to be a bad crop of them abound. also what color drone do you have since i find it most interesting that you could still see your nano at 600 feet high, must be really tiny way up there. i don't think temp has anything to do with it but it could depending on where you live...for sure it's pretty windy up there which was my first guess. sorry i can't help me, perhaps someone else will chime in.

It sounds like a right stick malfunction on your RC assuming you use mode 2. The craft will fly laterally lower but not at some altitude? If so, the RC shouldn't need a calibration but it's worth a try.

Thank for you input guys. I contacted Autel Robotics through their website... hopefully they'll get back to me.

I had the exact same problem and it caused my Nano Plus to crash because I could not land it where it was hovering. Fortunately I have the paid for the Care package however Autel is demonstrating the worst customer support imaginable and I just wait and wait for them to ship me a replacement. What is up with this company anyways?

in case you are wondering how mine ended up crashing, I was trying desperately for several minutes to regain control and eventually it moved a few feet over a fence and off the private property; but by that time there was no mattery remaining. Autel did not believe me and told me the accident was pilot error.

I think the obstacle avoidance was preventing it. did you try disabling it? I had the same issue and it worked for me. It was noticing the sun as an obstacle and not moving

I have had a similar issue with my nano+ the other day. I was at about 300 ft and was essentially stuck for a few minutes, not allowing me to go forward or back. Eventually I was able to inch it out of it’s pause. That being said, I’m fairly certain it was wind that was causing this. Keep in mind that wind can be drastically different at higher altitudes. If I experience it again in a different environment, I’ll report back.

I have had a similar issue with my nano+ the other day. I was at about 300 ft and was essentially stuck for a few minutes, not allowing me to go forward or back. Eventually I was able to inch it out of it’s pause. That being said, I’m fairly certain it was wind that was causing this. Keep in mind that wind can be drastically different at higher altitudes. If I experience it again in a different environment, I’ll report back.
Wind should not be coming in at all directions towards the Nano. Well here in San Diego we do not get phenomenon like that atleast.

this happened to me today. i went out against the wind and couldn't return. what helped was pressing return to home on the screen. the drone immediately returned

Launched the drone out in the backyard again. Calibrated everything and it worked fine for a very short while then intermittently it have the same issues. It forever to get back to me... unable to move in any direction except for up and down. Intermittently it would fly forward.

Think some of you might be right... is this drone super sensitive to wind? 🤔

Launched the drone out in the backyard again. Calibrated everything and it worked fine for a very short while then intermittently it have the same issues. It forever to get back to me... unable to move in any direction except for up and down. Intermittently it would fly forward.

Think some of you might be right... is this drone super sensitive to wind? 🤔
Yours sounds like there’s a defect. I can still fly mine in wind even though a bit slow (10mph). But it seems your drone is completely defective.

I uninstalled the app I got from the Google Play Store and installed the Autel Sky App from their website to see if it helps anything.

Test flight done with overall success! I must say I think it might have resolved it and it was a little windy this morning. I was able to move in any direction at almost 900ft up with no issues. The one hiccup I came across... I wasn't able to get past the distance limit even after I switched it to no limit.

For those having similar issues... uninstall your application and use the one from the website instead. Autel Sky App

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso