Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying in-to-out (or out-to-in)

YuKay

Reaction score
So, I want to record a continuous flight which starts inside my house and ends outside (or vice versa), flying through a large open double door. Has anyone tried this? I plan to set max speed of 4mph in Precision Mode and I know that I can't get any GPS indoors so will presumably be in ATTI mode (having moved obstacles out of the way and put on a safety helmet and visor). Does the switch from ATTI to GPS happen automatically and would there be any sudden drone movements at the switchover point?

I Have done something like this a number of times with My DJI Phantom for Real Estate.
What I do is turn everything on and hand walk the Phantom around the inside of the house,
with the video on and when I go out side
I hand release it to fly around the property.
Editing in post is easy to make the video seamless.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Ansia and WayneH
Thanks Atomic08. I probably will film some indoor hand-walking separately but I also want to record some height changes so I intend to fly indoors and out. But I'm hoping to hear from someone who has tried a continuous indoor/outdoor flight with the EVO. I have read posts elsewhere about people having done it with a different drone but I guess they don't all behave the same…

So, I want to record a continuous flight which starts inside my house and ends outside (or vice versa), flying through a large open double door. Has anyone tried this? I plan to set max speed of 4mph in Precision Mode and I know that I can't get any GPS indoors so will presumably be in ATTI mode (having moved obstacles out of the way and put on a safety helmet and visor). Does the switch from ATTI to GPS happen automatically and would there be any sudden drone movements at the switchover point?

The EVO will automatically go into "Star point" mode if there is no GPS (like inside)...It actually works very well and the rear avoidance sensors will stop it when going backward in Star Point!
Leave it in "Precision Mode" and it is very nice! The speed is limited in Star Point but best to set it in Precision because if it regains GPS it will go forward at the regular GPS speed (relative to the stick input, of course) if not set in Precision.
The only thing to watch for is if it regains a GPS signal the speed will not be limited and it does "twitch" a second when it switches ....as well as the rear sensors go back to just a warning!

Best bet is to hand carry it and then launch it when you get outside.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky