Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flyin' low and fast

Property that was left to me by my parents. I'm blessed. Even with all this space, I still managed to land in one of the old pecan trees once. Flying low is safest.:D

Nice place OBD
I would not want to have the cut the lawn at your place. Looks to be at least a 12 pack and then some :)
About 20 acres, we keep about eight of it cut with a John Deere zero turn and a Kubota tractor. My wife loves riding that zero turn, and I make sure it runs good....like a deer as they say. How many wives love to cut grass? I think I'll keep her.

Last edited:
Desend is 1000 times better. Just not in autoland. Comes down smother but I ran into probs with setting itself down. Way bad for me that is . Manually land is the way to go

@Old Bama Dude Now that you have had a chance to play with the new firmware, would you recommend installing it? Have you experienced the annoying pop up's and warnings about no fly zones? That was one thing that was keeping me from updating. Anyone else with the new firmware can chime in as well.

BTW, I'm new here and just got my x-star premium last week. Got to fly it a few times over the weekend at my parents house. They have a similar piece of land, 23 acres and about half of it is wooded. Great place to fly, especially for a beginner like me.

Welcome to the forum, lucky to have such a large area to fly in. I recommend upgrading as it is a lot more stable. I did get the nagging warning about restricted fly zone where I never had it before but I'm sure it will get worked out, if not just turn the volume off.

Reactions: Arbaxter
Raining here .time for some homework. I have to load the flight logs for autel. Got to figure it out first. I had a bad incedent with autoland

I won't let my wife use my zero turn . It wouldn't turn after she got done with it
You need to train her. My wife liked cutting with the standard riding mower, but she loves the speed of this one. She lets me ride it occasionally if I blow it off after with the battery powered blower.

Not sure if it's the optical flow sensor or something else, but low and fast is *way* more fun and doable now. Great flying; I (like others here) was zipping around my fairly small back yard at about 5' and it was super fun! I honestly don't remember even *thinking* about doing that with the original firmware.

All this needs is a smiley mouth at the bottom.
55-93276-bottom-1485766335.jpg
A BOTTOM-MOUNTED CAMERA AND ULTRASONIC SENSORS SUPPLEMENT GPS TO HELP THE X-STAR MAINTAIN POSITION.

Reactions: WildDoktor
@Old Bama Dude Now that you have had a chance to play with the new firmware, would you recommend installing it? Have you experienced the annoying pop up's and warnings about no fly zones? That was one thing that was keeping me from updating. Anyone else with the new firmware can chime in as well.

BTW, I'm new here and just got my x-star premium last week. Got to fly it a few times over the weekend at my parents house. They have a similar piece of land, 23 acres and about half of it is wooded. Great place to fly, especially for a beginner like me.

Like with a pretty lady........ Slow, easy and don't get too over confident.
or, BOOM........ it's all over but the crying:)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raeveren