Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flett Railway Tunnel

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Went out this morning exploring with my son the old abandoned Flett Railway Tunnel northwest of Thunder Bay. The video taken from the X-Star camera has been sped up in post to shorten the video. The screen capture recording of the flight and my remarks are real time. Near the end of the screen capture you can here me say why is it doing this. It was around 50% battery and just started landing by itself. It did a couple of hops and then it basically landed with little input from the controller.
It was a interesting flight inside the tunnel as I knew I would lose GPS and wanted to see just how well the starpoint would work on the new firmware. Seemed to be pretty good. There were a couple of OH SH*T moments but it handled it well.

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRc_tJ3Jn-g

MAX_0042.JPG MAX_0043.JPG MAX_0044.JPG MAX_0045.JPG MAX_0046.JPG MAX_0047.JPG MAX_0048.JPG MAX_0050.JPG MAX_0051.JPG

Went out this morning exploring with my son the old abandoned Flett Railway Tunnel northwest of Thunder Bay. The video taken from the X-Star camera has been sped up in post to shorten the video. The screen capture recording of the flight and my remarks are real time. Near the end of the screen capture you can here me say why is it doing this. It was around 50% battery and just started landing by itself. It did a couple of hops and then it basically landed with little input from the controller.
It was a interesting flight inside the tunnel as I knew I would lose GPS and wanted to see just how well the starpoint would work on the new firmware. Seemed to be pretty good. There were a couple of OH SH*T moments but it handled it well.

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRc_tJ3Jn-g

View attachment 840 View attachment 841 View attachment 842 View attachment 843 View attachment 844 View attachment 845 View attachment 846 View attachment 847 View attachment 848
That IS some OH S#!T flying, and it looks as wet and saturated as we are here in MOLDzzouri!

Great video!!! I heard no sound or narration though. Looked like you were a bit apprehensive to enter the tunnel?? I would have been also!!!

Yes I was apprehensive for sure. Not knowing what the quad would do when it lost complete satellites was my biggest concern. Once I got to the middle I started to feel better but the darkness kind of freaked me out LOL

Very nice @Agustine that took some guts, the darkness would have turned me around not really being able to see the walls. Ever think about the cube lights for something like that?

Pretty expensive those cube lights are so no I would not buy them. I have had a tactical led flashlight strapped to one of my UAV's before and flew it around the neighbourhood. Looked like a police helicopter looking for a criminal LOL

Reactions: KentA and Bigbit
Pretty expensive those cube lights are so no I would not buy them. I have had a tactical led flashlight strapped to one of my UAV's before and flew it around the neighbourhood. Looked like a police helicopter looking for a criminal LOL
That's hilarious! Would be easy to detect your forward direction too!!

A flying pumpkin at night with a headlight and some spooky Halloween music... Priceless.

That is just awesome Agustine! The cubes are a little pricey, has to be an option out there to find...maybe direct from china import.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials