Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First trickle of videos from beta firmware

On his post I had asked him to post a video from the Xstars camera but so far nothing. I would like to see the Yaw from what the camera sees

We don't.
The guy with the controller is Andrew from Autel and the other guy used to work there or maybe still does is a friend of Andrew's.
So I would say its all about the new firmware.

A few more hints of whats in the new firmware.

* If the battery is warm, the pre-heat time is near 0 and takeoff can be immediate
* Compass calibration requires GPS
* 1-touch takeoff == 1m
* Max descent speed 3.6m/s
* 99 waypoints per mission
* Pause button works for RTH
* WP altitude override using left stick, rotate during flight. Change speed and reverse mission back 1 point. Release stick and speed reverts to configured speed (comments; should speed remain at changed speed or revert?)
* Hover accuracy has been greatly improved
* Full stick down landing supported
* StarPoint active when UAV is lower than 4m, GPS+Starlink above 4m
* Orbit is radius aware - slower speeds when smaller radius, higher when larger radius.
* Orbit speed can be controlled with stick. Move stick to change speed or direction. Release stick and speed reverts to original speed (question: should speed revert or should speed remain at the new speed)
* RTH behavior: 10m or less, land in place. 10.1 - 50m, fly at 30m or current altitude (whichever is greater) and land. > 50m, raise to RTH altitude and land

10m or less, is a land-in-place. 10.1 - 50, the UAV will use the greater of 30m or current altitude and fly home (ignore RTH altitude). 50.1 and greater, UAV will use the greater of RTH altitude or current UAV altitude and fly home.

The reason that 10.1 - 50 does not raise to altitude is because the UAV would be line-of-sight and shouldn't need to raise. "

Reactions: WildDoktor
nice but, the #1 thing is not mentioned, the yaw fix/issue.

nice but, the #1 thing is not mentioned, the yaw fix/issue.

It is in post #1

Kenneth from Autel was asked if the EXPO that controls the Yaw will be for both sticks but he said "Only on yaw initially but I am looking into making it available on all sticks in the future."

Last edited:
I'd like to see something done about the video signal interference. I'm not sure if this is something that could be done in a firmware update but on whole the stability of the video feed is nowhere near as stable as a DJI when flying in suburban areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arbaxter
I'd like to see something done about the video signal interference. I'm not sure if this is something that could be done in a firmware update but on whole the stability of the video feed is nowhere near as stable as a DJI when flying in suburban areas.

And yes I own both.

I don't believe it. Sent a post to Autel last week and stated I didn't think we would ever see a firmware update nor a new camera, and that I thought that they were simply selling what they have now with no intention of ever doing anything more. I thinks that's called "milking a cash cow". I then asked for any evidence to the contrary, and suggest that an offer for myself as a beta tester would be a good start. I also said that their response would be posted to the relevant forums. Guess what gang, no response. They have some competition developing in the form of the Xiaomi Mi 4K drone which has the same or similar Sony sensor chip, very smooth and controllable yaw (judging from the YouTube videos - checkout Miami Drones on YT), much greater range with no mods. Best of all, on Banggood for 530 and a little higher from other places. It's a damn shame that Autel produced a very fine drone then limited the camera to straight line shots with horrible panning.

A few more hints of whats in the new firmware.

* If the battery is warm, the pre-heat time is near 0 and takeoff can be immediate
* Compass calibration requires GPS
* 1-touch takeoff == 1m
* Max descent speed 3.6m/s
* 99 waypoints per mission
* Pause button works for RTH
* WP altitude override using left stick, rotate during flight. Change speed and reverse mission back 1 point. Release stick and speed reverts to configured speed (comments; should speed remain at changed speed or revert?)
* Hover accuracy has been greatly improved
* Full stick down landing supported
* StarPoint active when UAV is lower than 4m, GPS+Starlink above 4m
* Orbit is radius aware - slower speeds when smaller radius, higher when larger radius.
* Orbit speed can be controlled with stick. Move stick to change speed or direction. Release stick and speed reverts to original speed (question: should speed revert or should speed remain at the new speed)
* RTH behavior: 10m or less, land in place. 10.1 - 50m, fly at 30m or current altitude (whichever is greater) and land. > 50m, raise to RTH altitude and land

10m or less, is a land-in-place. 10.1 - 50, the UAV will use the greater of 30m or current altitude and fly home (ignore RTH altitude). 50.1 and greater, UAV will use the greater of RTH altitude or current UAV altitude and fly home.

The reason that 10.1 - 50 does not raise to altitude is because the UAV would be line-of-sight and shouldn't need to raise. "
OBTW....... for us Americans, 3.6m/s in just over 11 fps

I sent an email this weekend asking about the firmware, and reminding them I'm signed up as a beta tester. The response was "hopeful"...but only if we'd not already been waiting for so long:

"If your name is on the Beta list, it shouldn't be too long before you get the nod. I would keep an eye on our website and social media pages for updates in the coming week. It's been a long time coming, but it's close to being ready."

I dunno; I want to hope this is finally happening, but have heard it all before.

Reactions: TAMU1996

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d