Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First in-flight disconnect after beta firmware upgrade

rkymtnflyer

Reaction score
I upgraded to beta firmware v1.3.3 this morning. Did a couple flights first thing with no issues. It was a bit windy so I can't comment on the yaw performance in detail, but generally it seemed smoother. On my third flight I got about 1000 feet out and went in to a hover. I live in the mountains and like to scope for wildlife with the drone. As I was hovering I heard the remote beep and then the app said "Disconnected". The RC then said "Disconnected" followed immediately by "Connecting" and remained this way for +/- 20 seconds. During this time, in a bit of a panic, I pressed RTH. When the RC finally re-paired with the drone it said "Returning to Home". I don't know if this was because I activated RTH or if it did it automatically due to the disconnect, but either way I was really glad to hear that EVO coming toward me!
I'm not sure if the disconnect had anything to do with the beta firmware, but this is the first time I've been disconnected from the bird while in-flight, so maybe. Either way, I'm throwing it out there for you guys as a heads up if you're considering the upgrade and also if someone has an idea on a alternate cause for the disconnect I'd love to hear it.
Happy Flying!

Reactions: Gfd1182

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan