Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

FAA Drone Registration

Seriously though, whenever i see someone post about registering their drone it always makes me think you're registering yourself as a drone owner, you're not registering your drone. If you were, each drone would have a unique identification number instead of you having the number that you put on each of your drones.

Just a thought, idk.
Each of my drones carry a different identification number. They are registered under Part 107.

I paid $5 and got some weird "FA" number (I thoughb it was an "N" number?) that I will have to remember to write on my Drone if I visit the US and want to fly the drone. I'll probably just use a label maker or some painters tape and a sharpie - yeah I'm cheap :)

I'll also have it on my phone if I need to refer to it. Why are people paying money to print the certificate when you could just show it on your device? Seems unnecessary.
N is used for a specific aircraft. Drones start with FA. In the US, each drone has to be labeled and had to be viewed from the exterior of the AC.

If in the USA and if you are a Part 107 pilot you need to register each of your UAV's. If you are just a Recreational pilot you are registering yourself not the UAV. Here in Canada it makes no difference, you pay for each UAV as if it was a real airplane.
Im not 107, just a hobbyist, I didn't know it changed with part 107, makes sense though.

So if you have to pay to register a drone the same as an airplane in Canada, what kind of fees are you talking? When I think about registering a plane, doesn't seem like it would be cheap.

$5 per drone isn't a pocket hole maker. You have to pay more for the car's annual registration and bike people get right of mother trucking way....

I didn't realize Puerto Rico is actually part of the United States; so basically you guys deal with the FFA laws the same as here?

I didn't realize Puerto Rico is actually part of the United States; so basically you guys deal with the FAA laws the same as here?
Yup. We are the last colony of the world and we belong to the US. We are US citizens and have to follow all federal laws.

Reactions: xspwhite

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy