Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO vs Mavic

springerdog1

Reaction score
Some of what I am reading is comparing the Mavic Air to EVO but most of what I read compares the EVO to the Mavic Pro. I currently have a Mavic Air which I am really enjoying. My only issue is that I can't get beyond 1900 ft without losing transmission signal here in suburban Phoenix. I am not technically inclined so if someone could please explain in layman's terms if I should be able to maintain a better connection with the EVO? Also will Autel be coming out with a package similar to the Fly More from DJI?

Reactions: Rawdog
Evo is not out yet so no one knows its flight range. However, it should be significantly better than Mavic Air's.

The range of the EVO is the same as the Mavic Pro/Platinuim... about 4 miles. They must have figured out what DJI is using and copied it. The Mavic Air is only a Mavic in name, it does not use Ocusync like the Mavic Pro. The Mavic Air uses an enhanced WiFi. I own both a Pro and the Air. I got the Air for travel due to it's size. If the EVO comes out, and it uses a version of Ocusync it will have a very good range.

Reactions: springerdog1
I have gotten mixed answers when I called Autel, everything from it will have similar connection to the Air to it's probably WIFI. If I have figured it correctly since they don't have the equivalent of a Fly More with everything being a la carte if will be about $1400.00 to compose an EVO Fly More. Thoughts?

Reactions: Rawdog
I have gotten mixed answers when I called Autel, everything from it will have similar connection to the Air to it's probably WIFI. If I have figured it correctly since they don't have the equivalent of a Fly More with everything being a la carte if will be about $1400.00 to compose an EVO Fly More. Thoughts?
I am saying 4 miles based on what they said at CES. Maybe that info is wrong or has changed since then. I suppose we will have to wait for it to know for sure. This is another reason I would not be pre-ordering something that is not even finalized yet.

Does anyone know if the EVO controller will have an HDMI out port for an observation monitor? The specs on the site are pretty vague.

I picked up a Mavic-Air on Craigslist from a dude who bought it on a whim and all I can say is it's awesome....if the winds are below 10mph it out-performs my XSP in every way...there's no need to wait around for vaporware which will be over-priced and behind the tech curve on day 1......good technology in a small form factor is available today.

I picked up a Mavic-Air on Craigslist from a dude who bought it on a whim and all I can say is it's awesome....if the winds are below 10mph it out-performs my XSP in every way...there's no need to wait around for vaporware which will be over-priced and behind the tech curve on day 1......good technology in a small form factor is available today.

Yup you can pick up a refurb with full warranty @
US $249.99 DJI Spark Mini Quadcopter Drone - Alpine White (DJI Refurbished) | eBay

Hey I bought my refurbed P4 from those guys.....it's identical to a brand new unit in every detail......250 bucks for a Spark? That's a great deal...gotta tell my nephew about that...he's been looking for one.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310