Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo sound on video

You wouldn't hear noise if it was recorded at the controller - Disagree totally.
I agree, the controller would be fine....but the OP I believe was asking if the drone itself will record audio.

I am not sure how useful recording audio from the controller would be or where it would be stored. The controller does not have a memory card. The other problem is timing, how would you later sync the audio clip to the video clip.

Overall, I just don't see the point of having audio recorded while flying a drone unless it is just to provide commentary about the flight. From a commercial standpoint it would serve no useful purpose.

The DJI FPV does.

Confirmed :)
So does Yuneec Typhoon H.
As I said earlier, audio recording by the drone is only useful if you speak to the drone when the motors are stopped (while recording, of course).
Also, I find that audio recording my comments by the iPhone or iPad during flight is useful. I'm hoping that the new Smart controller has that capability.

Reactions: herein2021
@PingSpike @Rubik3x I stand corrected, I should have said none that I have flown recently. The P2 with the GoPro had audio because the GoPro recorded audio and it was always annoying to me to have to get rid of the audio track each time; the wild bees sound was never something I could use.

So does Yuneec Typhoon H.
As I said earlier, audio recording by the drone is only useful if you speak to the drone when the motors are stopped (while recording, of course).
Also, I find that audio recording my comments by the iPhone or iPad during flight is useful. I'm hoping that the new Smart controller has that capability.

That makes sense, there's always a use case for someone somewhere that I didn't think of.

Reactions: Rubik3x
I agree, the controller would be fine....but the OP I believe was asking if the drone itself will record audio.

I am not sure how useful recording audio from the controller would be or where it would be stored. The controller does not have a memory card. The other problem is timing, how would you later sync the audio clip to the video clip.

Overall, I just don't see the point of having audio recorded while flying a drone unless it is just to provide commentary about the flight. From a commercial standpoint it would serve no useful purpose.
Was just thinking that when I do a roof inspection and instead of taking notes and flying - just speak to the controller and it goes onto video (play back) of what you are filming?? Example Entegra Roof tile, 7 gooseneck 12 inch vents, 4 lead stac, 3 dish. Performing roof estimates, this would be a time saver, especially when your in low LAANC Airspace 50 foot level and documenting a 2 story roof. Make sense?

Sure no problem. I've been flying them since 2014. Back then you used to have to buy the drone, then a GoPro, then a video transmission system to transmit the video from the GoPro to a monitor that you had to mount yourself onto your controller.

The GoPro at the time did record audio and the audio was so annoying (loud droning propeller noise like a large pack of angry bees), that most people disabled or tried to disable the audio in the GoPro just because it was so annoying. The propeller sound will completely overpower any microphone that close to it.
P4P Records audio with cache at the controller if you enable it and the DJI FPV did control at the drone but as he said, all you hear is your motors whining

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller