Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo sound on video

Does the evo 2 8k record live sound when you record video if it does how do you enable it please
No drone records audio, even if it did all you would hear is the noise from the propellers not to mention the legal problems you would run into at the federal level if you did somehow manage to record something other than the propeller noise.

Reactions: Zack Chery
No drone records audio, even if it did all you would hear is the noise from the propellers not to mention the legal problems you would run into at the federal level if you did somehow manage to record something other than the propeller noise.
Thanks very much im totaly new to drones

Thanks very much im totaly new to drones

Sure no problem. I've been flying them since 2014. Back then you used to have to buy the drone, then a GoPro, then a video transmission system to transmit the video from the GoPro to a monitor that you had to mount yourself onto your controller.

The GoPro at the time did record audio and the audio was so annoying (loud droning propeller noise like a large pack of angry bees), that most people disabled or tried to disable the audio in the GoPro just because it was so annoying. The propeller sound will completely overpower any microphone that close to it.

Can't find it; seems when I bought mine it was or one of the evo's was advertised "with mic" able to transmit my voice ??
I looked at every drone made at the time, so I might be mixing apples n oranges?

Can't find it; seems when I bought mine it was or one of the evo's was advertised "with mic" able to transmit my voice ??
I looked at every drone made at the time, so I might be mixing apples n oranges?

They make loudspeaker accessories for drones but that is still not a microphone on the actual drone. I don't think Autel ever released a first party loudspeaker accessory for the EVO II.

might have been part of the amazon sellers "grab", donno, I like the sounds of nature better than my voice anyway ;)

Sure no problem. I've been flying them since 2014. Back then you used to have to buy the drone, then a GoPro, then a video transmission system to transmit the video from the GoPro to a monitor that you had to mount yourself onto your controller.

The GoPro at the time did record audio and the audio was so annoying (loud droning propeller noise like a large pack of angry bees), that most people disabled or tried to disable the audio in the GoPro just because it was so annoying. The propeller sound will completely overpower any microphone that close to it.
Us freestyle pilots still use gopros and yes they record pretty much nothing but prop noise. However here is video by Ken Heron that shows you how you can edit out the noise, takes some effort and knowledge in editing but it works.

Reactions: TheGoldBug
Us freestyle pilots still use gopros and yes they record pretty much nothing but prop noise. However here is video by Ken Heron that shows you how you can edit out the noise, takes some effort and knowledge in editing but it works.

Of course you can edit out the audio, its as simple as unlinking the audio clip from the video clip and deleting it or muting the original audio; then replacing it with a different audio track; whether it be a voiceover track like was demonstrated here, or an alternate audio track. The original poster's question though was if the EVO 8K drone itself will record audio and the answer is no.

Reactions: Kolubo
You are probably recalling voice activated commands kinda like Siri for the EVO II. You could say…hey EVO, take off and so on. Yes, until not long ago, there was a little mic icon on the bottom of the app that you could tell it to land, take off, shoot video, etc. Autel did away with this option a few updates ago, but it’s still in the manual that still has never been updated since this thing was released a year ago.

The DJI GO4 app allows you to record audio (to your device) and it gets added to the video cache on the device. You can then sync the clips in post. So basically for cleaner sound, you can have a mic pugged right into the phone or tablet, and just say whatever you want as you narrate what's going on. I think this is what the OP was trying to figure out how to do. For Android there is AZ Screen Recorder that can offer a workaround.

My Yuneec Typhoon H recorded audio in the drone camera. It was pretty useless. Except, it did show when I throttled up and down, and when I was moving fast, the wind noise changed. That was occasionally useful during editing to make timely cuts. Also, I used that feature to verbally "talk" to the drone (camera ON) before starting the motors or after turning them off. I would speak the various settings and satellites available for that flight. I used that info to fill out my flight logs.

For the Autel EVO II, I use the iPad screen+voice recorder function to provide a running monologue during the flight as well as recording the tablet screen view. That has been very useful for trouble shooting and learning the effects of various actions and setting changes.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
Has anyone figured out if we can or can not record our voice while in the video record mode? Thanks

You wouldn't hear noise if it was recorded at the controller - Disagree totally.

I have to check again but I think my Skydio records audio.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy