Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO RTK accuracy in mapping

marius3000

Reaction score
Is anyone trying to map using checkpoints? What accuracy was obtained (xyz) without the use of GCP in aerotrengulation? I'm getting an error of 8-15 centimeters (xy) ... It's really sad.

Hi Marius,
Today I have finished calculating the project (~ 500 hectares of road lane, 100m AGL, overlap 70/70, speed 29km / h) in agisoft (rolling shuter enabled).
Average accuracy of photos H: 1.8cm V: 2.3cm. After combining photos without optimization, errors in the range of 5-18 cm appeared at the checkpoints.
For each work with RTK drones, I set up at least one ground control point for missions (up to 20ha), which is later used for calibration. After optimization, the errors were reduced to a few millimeters. After checking the DTM and ortho with a client who had measurements of the same terrain made with a total station / GNSS, we found that the deviations did not exceed 5 cm, which I consider to be quite a good result. Maybe it's something related to camera calibration, focal lenght from exif: 4400, after optimization ~ 4200, or camera/gnss receiver (wrong offsets) or coordinate system.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials