Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO range test in Vegas (urban + boonies)

fireblade

Reaction score
For those curious to see how the EVO performs in a more urban setting, here's a quick vid.

But here's a quick summary who don't have time t watch lol.

mountain area - went 3 miles straight without any hiccup at all, turned back because i didn't want to risk running out of power on the first flight lol
Urban - went 2.3 miles straight without any issues, at around 2.5 i started getting video feed interruptions.

I'm in south Florida and all I was able to go was about 3500 feet and the video drops out. I am flying in a residential area.
I am hoping for better range with FW updates.

I'm in south Florida and all I was able to go was about 3500 feet and the video drops out. I am flying in a residential area.
Wow that is pretty low. I'll try again to fly in another area and see if i can still do 2.5 in residential area.

Please post the results.
I posted my results below the video. But here they are:
3 miles uninterrupted in the boonies, but turned around since I didn't want to push the battery too much.
2.4 in the city, before i started getting issues.

Not really, the Parrot Anafi claims 25 minute flight times and almost every reviewer is getting 23-24 minutes. Pretty dam close to specs.
he was talking about flight distance but i average 26-27 minutes from 30 minutes advertised

Are you loosing line of sight behind trees/buildings? To get any sort of reasonable range you absolutely need to have a clear LoS.

Are you loosing line of sight behind trees/buildings? To get any sort of reasonable range you absolutely need to have a clear LoS.
Very good point! When i was doing my boonies test, I had to increase altitude since the area i was in varied in elevation greatly. A small hill might become an issue if the drone went far enough. and i'm sure you've already confirmed the antennas are pointing down right?

Reactions: DadCorso80
Good point on antenna's pointing down, I tried both ways, but seems to be better when they are pointed down and don't get in the way of my phone when connected.

actually the antennas get best reception from the flat part not the tips so sitting at a 90 degree angle is the proper position.
i thought the tips were best till i was shown the correct way

Last edited:
I understand it's not the tips, but it depends on the antenna orientation (flat area) to the drone, I get better reception with the antenna's 45 degrees pointed down rather than up. Just depends on where you are at and what's around you.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm