Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Payload

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi from ? land.

Has anyone tried carrying a payload on an EVO? What size load could an EVO carry?. The silly reason for asking is that my children and grandchildren and myself have been in voluntary and precautionary isolation from each other for a few weeks.
I jokingly said to them that I would deliver their easter eggs by EVO. Since then they have been goading me into it. I have the vision of the eggs hanging in a netting bag about a yard below the copter then when they touch the ground, I can move forward and land the EVO. No.. its not an April Fool pranks guys.o_O

No idea on what it could lift before it is to much but the ESC's are the weak spot on any UAV carrying a payload. If they over heat then they shut down or worse burn up. The other consideration is getting the cord tangled in the props. Lots to consider LOL

You might be interested in this hook if you plan to give it go.

The drone specs have a load limit:
863g Aircraft and propellers
1000g Max take off weight

Payload 137grams = 4oz payload.

The average American Cadbury Creme Egg weighs 34 grams.

At 34 grams per egg you could deliver abut 4 eggs, but you have to consider the container weight also. So maybe three eggs.

Your welcome.

Thank guys. Your calculations are eggsact Daniel.;)
Maybe you could post a video on how you secured the payload and of the takeoff and flight. I dont see any videos on yt of the EVO testing a max payload (maybe I'm searching wrong).

I chickened out when testing it in the back yard. I hung a net bag with an avocado in it. Didn't get off the ground. EVO wanted to tip its nose up. Wasn"t worth losing a $1600 machine for being stoopid. I guess since we are in a Stay Home mode, I might just learn to fly it out the window.

I chickened out when testing it in the back yard. I hung a net bag with an avocado in it. Didn't get off the ground. EVO wanted to tip its nose up. Wasn"t worth losing a $1600 machine for being stoopid. I guess since we are in a Stay Home mode, I might just learn to fly it out the window.
Haha, figured if you were willing to take the risk, I might as well ask for the video of it. Also, I've seen a few videos of folks trying to fly out from a window in their house who experienced fly always - likely due to magnetic or wifi interference. As long as your being cautious - flying from your back yard or driveway should still count as stay at home mode and likely a bit safer for the drone as well.

i think its capable of supporting the weight of a large apple, i would guess its still good for transporting cigi packs and delivering them to the local pub or school yard..

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials