Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Nano+ just fell out of the sky

The flight was done with a fresh battery and it dropped before I could leave my yard, with less than 2 min in the air and was at 10ft in Loiter, it was over 90% charge when this happened. The stats are from the this forum and also techradar who reported the same thing, there another post with similar issues indoor, so the pattern is the Nano+ .

My issue is trust and reliability this a new Quad (pro consumer) and when it just drops out of the sky for no reason, one loses trust on the quad.
I fly a lot of quad's from the Lite+, Nano+ and 4 Custom builds of Adrucopter for Survey and NDVI mapping
( 500,550,700,850 mm in size) also a freestyle Betacopter- 5'.

Hence from my perspective Nano+ has a Critical and mayor undisclosed, unresolved BUG , the question is how many Nano+ will fall and break before Autel Fixes it.
I guess the other hundreds flown without this issue don't count...
I understand that it frustrates you that it happened to you, but I don't thing this is wide spread issue.
It would be all over YT if this was the case.
Let's hope flight logs will help Autel figure out what happened in those couple cases.

I agree, we have not reached pattern state by any means. Mine has had a few dozen successful flights with no issues.

After much thinking about it, I have decided to return the Nano plus. Fortunately, I had bought it from Amazon. Even though it has been 2 months, they have agreed to give me a full refund. I explained that many others had similar problems, suggesting some problems with the design.
I hope buy it back once the problem is fixed as I love their video and photo output. The Mini 3Pro videos just do not look the same.
If anyone has bought it from Amazon, they may be able to return it if they wish to.
Was Amazon the seller, or a third party on Amazon? How did you contact them?

Yeah believe what you want, I know what I saw with mine , it has the battle marks of the event, and as I stated I've flown 3hr afterwards with newer FW and its been fine. Any how no haters just facts !
but you just said you have no idea why it failed. it could have failed for a dozen different reasons yet you cannot determine which one if any. that's not the same as the drone just fell out of the sky for no reason. in fact, there is a likely a good reason why it failed only you don't know or understand why. it could be something you are doing and you don't even know it. so we get it your drone hit the ground and if you don't know why, i would say simply don't do whatever it was you were doing when your drone hit the ground. ;)

Yeah believe what you want, I know what I saw with mine , it has the battle marks of the event, and as I stated I've flown 3hr afterwards with newer FW and its been fine. Any how no haters just facts !
what does the flight log replay look like? voltage drop or something? i imagine Autel will want full raw flight logs for the warranty claim?

So, you're saying that the newer FW fixed the unknown problem with the Nano+? That sounds like a win to me.

Had exactly this happen twice, just yesterday. Fortunately, the first time, it happened when it was right above, coming to land. If it had been elsewhere during the LITCHI Mission, it could have fallen into the water. A few minutes later, it happened again, but only a few feet above the ground as I was careful not to let it go too far. At first I thought it might have been a loose battery, but that was not the case. Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem, but I am reluctant to fly the drone any distance now.
With so many reports of this issue, hopefully AUTEL will be able to nail down and fix the problem.
Hi Sritiwari,
I think that you may be in the wrong field for your problem, first the nano + does not have mission planning capabilities and secound the litchi system does not work with any of the AUTEL Brand of CRAFT (drones) . If you have problem like this get all the facts correct and report with the flight logs. Otherwise many members may take it as rubbish or a troll because of all your incorrect facts. Maybe a low battery or similar?????. Johnno Hennessy Australia.

Are all of these incidents with your Nano+ dropping out of the sky, is this with the latest firmware? I haven’t updated mine & have had no such problems, including interrupting RTH.

I would assume it might be a board or firmware issue. My Evo 2 Pro V2 is in for repair that Autel analyzed as a PCB board (Primary Control Board?) failure so there could be an issue with their QA process that may be affecting more than just the Nano Plus.

I just received my Nano+ Last Wednesday, had one successful flight. Then today, I took off and about 50 feet away from me from about 50 feet in the air, it just dropped to the ground onto the rocks below, now damaged and un flyable. Thankfully I also bought it from Amazon and just mailed it off for refund. This issue makes me not want to buy another one and just wait for the mini 3 pro to be available in Canada.

I just received my Nano+ Last Wednesday, had one successful flight. Then today, I took off and about 50 feet away from me from about 50 feet in the air, it just dropped to the ground onto the rocks below, now damaged and un flyable. Thankfully I also bought it from Amazon and just mailed it off for refund. This issue makes me not want to buy another one and just wait for the mini 3 pro to be available in Canada.
Wow, that's terrible. Any chance the battery is not staying in? That was an issue with some other drone models and would explain the sudden loss of power. It's hard to diagnose since the rough landing (crash) could be blamed to dislodge the battery.

The battery was in properly at take off, and only happened 50 feet from me, so im not sure why it would auto dislodge. I can't buy another one no matter how much I want to because the camera/video is soooo good on it, I just can't trust it won't happen again.

And that was the latest firmware? Very strange and sad to hear. If these cases are not reported to Autel for investigation how will they fix the issue? Do you have a photo of the damaged unit? Interested to see how it holds up.

I have dozens of flights now with the nano+ including a test in some 10-18 m/s wind without issue..

Could this happen maybe when someone ignores the firmware update for a fresh battery? I mean when you update the full FW and then are asked to do the same when you change out the battery and ignore that.

As I had indicated above, my Nano+ falling out of the sky (twice in 1 day, 10 mins. apart) did NOT have a loose battery, as I checked and ensured after the first fall. Also, I the firmware was up to date.
I would guess the sudden shutting off of the props would not have anything to do with the DJI Fly app, as any disconnection should trigger RTH.
I considered switching to an Elite+, but read somewhere of the same problem with the Elite (+?) models.
I too love the Autel drone cameras, but am nervous about buying either, until a fix is in place.

As I had indicated above, my Nano+ falling out of the sky (twice in 1 day, 10 mins. apart) did NOT have a loose battery, as I checked and ensured after the first fall. Also, I the firmware was up to date.
I would guess the sudden shutting off of the props would not have anything to do with the DJI Fly app, as any disconnection should trigger RTH.
I considered switching to an Elite+, but read somewhere of the same problem with the Elite (+?) models.
I too love the Autel drone cameras, but am nervous about buying either, until a fix is in place.
yeah go with the super elite+ those are better lol lol

I'm not sure what the problem is , but some guys on this thread,are not being helpful. They are just trying to be smart asses, with litle else to contribute to the thread..

To be fair you have mentioned Litchi missions, the DJI fly app and the Elite+ when talking about your Nano+ concern, so we are a little confused what aircraft you were actually flying.

Does anyone know how to get logs off the device?... if so a flight log would be some useful hard evidence to start using to solve what may have happened here. Until then it is pure speculation I am afraid.

Reactions: romi
To be fair you have mentioned Litchi missions, the DJI fly app and the Elite+ when talking about your Nano+ concern, so we are a little confused what aircraft you were actually flying.

Does anyone know how to get logs off the device?... if so a flight log would be some useful hard evidence to start using to solve what may have happened here. Until then it is pure speculation I am afraid.
I believe I corrected my error (Nano+/ litchi) a soon as I realized it.
I have several DJI drones, including an Air 2S, but the only Autel being the Nano +. Also, the "Elite" vs "Lite" was a typo, that I missed.

I had originallyconsidered a Lite+ but was thrilled to get a sub 250gm bird for simplicity, and the camera is great ! I sold off an Autel Evo 2 years ago and never had a similar problem with it.

To clarify, it WAS the Nano+ that dropped (twice), flying on an Autel app.

I do not know how to get the logs off the device, and I have just shipped mine back to Amazon this afternoon. However, the problem seems to be widespread enough for Autel to look into, even tho' it is difficult to provide any data. If it gets resolved, I'll go back and buy an Autel Nano+ or Lite+

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo