Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO Nano+ just fell out of the sky

Steverino

Reaction score
I was flying my new EVO Nano Lite+ this past Saturday and it just fell out of the sky and crashed to the payment. I flew it about 1000 feet away at between 20 and 30 feet altitude. I then pressed the return to home button. The aircraft ascended 130 feet(which is what I have programmed in the app) and then it flew towards me for about a hundred feet and the app suddenly disconnected and the aircraft appeared to stop and fall like a rock. There were no obstacles for it to run into. It crashed on the payment but surprisingly only showed minor scratches and chips and the battery was partially dislodged. I pushed the battery back in but the aircraft would not power up. I then got a message from the app that it would not connect because my phone was overheating. It was hot and in the 90s, but I had only been flying for about 5 minutes. I've only flown the aircraft, maybe 5 time before. It had the latest firmware update and the battery was fully charged. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I emailed tech support on Sunday but have not yet heard from anyone. I hope they haven't gone back to taking 4 to 8 weeks to reply.

you might have gotten lucky. falling like a rock from 130+ feet onto pavement, most drones not going to survive. it crashed, right? not just landed or landed hard?

your phone could suffer issues but doesn't the drone and rc continue to operate together? no sure why phone issues or a disconnect would cause a crash....

also details matter so if you don't mind starting with clarifying your drone (i see your are in the nano+ section)....since there is no evo nano lite+.

you might have gotten lucky. falling like a rock from 130+ feet onto pavement, most drones not going to survive. it crashed, right? not just landed or landed hard?

your phone could suffer issues but doesn't the drone and rc continue to operate together? no sure why phone issues or a disconnect would cause a crash....

also details matter so if you don't mind starting with clarifying your drone (i see your are in the nano+ section)....since there is no evo nano lite+.
I was shocked and amazed that it didn't break into a thousand pieces. But, the lite is really light so I guess that's why it didn't break up. It did actually just fall out of the sky from what I could tell. It landed on its back. Perhaps I got lucky but the drone doesn't work so maybe it doesn't matter so much. I'm hoping the warranty will cover it but I do have Autel Care if I need to use it. I just wish tech support would reply back to me. A few months ago, I gave up on tech support because they took so many weeks to reply but the last time I needed them I got a reply within a day so I thought they had perhaps corrected their problems. But, apparently not.

Odd as I had a similar issue with the nano+ drop from 10 ft on to the lawn no damage and has been already flown 3hr afterwards, something tells me that FC being reboot by a hard fault ;|

What odd is the review from techradar that they had the same or similar issue:

Our experience with the Nano+ was somewhat mixed. To be blunt, to bring you this review, we utterly demolished one of Autel’s Evo Nano+ drones.

It was an unfortunate accident where the drone climbed vertically to 17.8m before it lost all power and subsequently crashed onto some concrete paving, smashing it into tiny pieces.

We’re unfortunately no wiser as to why that happened now, as the telemetry contained no clues – and before its untimely demise, the same drone had made several much longer flights without any issues.”

Last edited:
Had exactly this happen twice, just yesterday. Fortunately, the first time, it happened when it was right above, coming to land. If it had been elsewhere during the LITCHI Mission, it could have fallen into the water. A few minutes later, it happened again, but only a few feet above the ground as I was careful not to let it go too far. At first I thought it might have been a loose battery, but that was not the case. Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem, but I am reluctant to fly the drone any distance now.
With so many reports of this issue, hopefully AUTEL will be able to nail down and fix the problem.

Had exactly this happen twice, just yesterday. Fortunately, the first time, it happened when it was right above, coming to land. If it had been elsewhere during the LITCHI Mission, it could have fallen into the water. A few minutes later, it happened again, but only a few feet above the ground as I was careful not to let it go too far. At first I thought it might have been a loose battery, but that was not the case. Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem, but I am reluctant to fly the drone any distance now.
With so many reports of this issue, hopefully AUTEL will be able to nail down and fix the problem.
sorry you are flying your autel nano on litchi missions?

After much thinking about it, I have decided to return the Nano plus. Fortunately, I had bought it from Amazon. Even though it has been 2 months, they have agreed to give me a full refund. I explained that many others had similar problems, suggesting some problems with the design.
I hope buy it back once the problem is fixed as I love their video and photo output. The Mini 3Pro videos just do not look the same.
If anyone has bought it from Amazon, they may be able to return it if they wish to.

Reactions: DaCurcO
I suggest the Lite+ if you got the cash , I fly that quad with no problem and really love the night mode. Or like say wait till this problem is actually by Autel, best of luck

Reactions: jamess336
I was flying my new EVO Nano Lite+ this past Saturday and it just fell out of the sky and crashed to the payment. I flew it about 1000 feet away at between 20 and 30 feet altitude. I then pressed the return to home button. The aircraft ascended 130 feet(which is what I have programmed in the app) and then it flew towards me for about a hundred feet and the app suddenly disconnected and the aircraft appeared to stop and fall like a rock. There were no obstacles for it to run into. It crashed on the payment but surprisingly only showed minor scratches and chips and the battery was partially dislodged. I pushed the battery back in but the aircraft would not power up. I then got a message from the app that it would not connect because my phone was overheating. It was hot and in the 90s, but I had only been flying for about 5 minutes. I've only flown the aircraft, maybe 5 time before. It had the latest firmware update and the battery was fully charged. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I emailed tech support on Sunday but have not yet heard from anyone. I hope they haven't gone back to taking 4 to 8 weeks to reply.
FWIW, my Nano+ also lost power and fell during RTH, which I had just interrupted, as I had decided to fly alittle more.
I wonder if the problem has something to do when the RTH interfered with , and seems common to the new breed of Autel drones. It had never happened in the 2 years that I had owned an Autel Evo.

FWIW, my Nano+ also lost power and fell during RTH, which I had just interrupted, as I had decided to fly alittle more.
I wonder if the problem has something to do when the RTH interfered with , and seems common to the new breed of Autel drones. It had never happened in the 2 years that I had owned an Autel Evo.
when you checked the battery after you recovered the wreckage, did it show 0%? :eek:

Mine did the loss of of power with a fresh 100% battery charge, and I was just launching and going to do a flight around the yard, it was not in RTH, and just fell within the first min of flying. IMO just too many Nano+ drooping for no reason this is a pattern a not a one off. I won't be flying the nano+ till it get resolved.

Mine did the loss of of power with a fresh 100% battery charge, and I was just launching and going to do a flight around the yard, it was not in RTH, and just fell within the first min of flying. IMO just too many Nano+ drooping for no reason this is a pattern a not a one off. I won't be flying the nano+ till it get resolved.
Where did you get your stats?
How do you know what is the percentage?

The flight was done with a fresh battery and it dropped before I could leave my yard, with less than 2 min in the air and was at 10ft in Loiter, it was over 90% charge when this happened. The stats are from the this forum and also techradar who reported the same thing, there another post with similar issues indoor, so the pattern is the Nano+ .

My issue is trust and reliability this a new Quad (pro consumer) and when it just drops out of the sky for no reason, one loses trust on the quad.
I fly a lot of quad's from the Lite+, Nano+ and 4 Custom builds of Adrucopter for Survey and NDVI mapping
( 500,550,700,850 mm in size) also a freestyle Betacopter- 5'.

Hence from my perspective Nano+ has a Critical and mayor undisclosed, unresolved BUG , the question is how many Nano+ will fall and break before Autel Fixes it.

The flight was done with a fresh battery and it dropped before I could leave my yard, with less than 2 min in the air and was at 10ft in Loiter, it was over 90% charge when this happened. The stats are from the this forum and also techradar who reported the same thing, there another post with similar issues indoor, so the pattern is the Nano+ .

My issue is trust and reliability this a new Quad (pro consumer) and when it just drops out of the sky for no reason, one loses trust on the quad.
I fly a lot of quad's from the Lite+, Nano+ and 4 Custom builds of Adrucopter for Survey and NDVI mapping
( 500,550,700,850 mm in size) also a freestyle Betacopter- 5'.

Hence from my perspective Nano+ has a Critical and mayor undisclosed, unresolved BUG , the question is how many Nano+ will fall and break before Autel Fixes it.
yeah, the only problem is the nano doesn't just drop out of the sky for no reason, that's untrue.

Reactions: John Hennessy
yeah, the only problem is the nano doesn't just drop out of the sky for no reason, that's untrue.
Yeah believe what you want, I know what I saw with mine , it has the battle marks of the event, and as I stated I've flown 3hr afterwards with newer FW and its been fine. Any how no haters just facts !

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles