Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us
I just started to work with the Autel Mobile SDK 2.0 to see what it can do. Lot of interesting settings in the SDK if they work.

Reactions: pyrozyme
For some of and I say EVO MAX CANT DO IT BUT.

As for some of GNNS denied navigation.

All is depended on INS, IMU etc.

For us all is is in open environment as we have to deal with wind but in close environment be can mostly take that factors away.

As in navigation, what is starting point ?
All think GPS position, In closed environment I can be 0, 0 of the map environment you working in.

Some references.
We done GNSS denied navigation for 100 years. Now how close can it be 100ft 1000 ft ?

The later is to use visual imagery to use AI to know know location and look at visual ques to see movement with same heading, etc (Patriot missile etc).

As in a drone in say 3 mph wind will be off 300 ft in short time but if visual acuity is added hmm.
This is just a reference can the MAX do it, I think no but It can be possible. you can Well time will tell.

And as I said before and you have a map of the mining tunnel and as the SDK say you can get all radar distances, hmm just saying, and do I think it can do it. But if the IMU and etc especially if IMU (with radar assistance) is good enough it should be able to hover somewhat stable in a tunnel or in dark to avoid hitting the walls but you doing it visually.

Just my thought to add to this as I'm testing it as it says "navigation" hmm. What is the definition of navigation ?

And @pedals2paddles you can add some more.

Thanks,

Last edited:
What worries me is that some say when it get to no gnss mode it disable obstacle avoidance.. that scare me. not tested but will test it.

Of course the technology exists to do all those things and isn't anything new. Visual navigation with cameras, ultrasonics, and lidar (SLAM) have been around a long time. And it isn't new to consumer level devices either. All the high end robotic vacuum cleaners do it. Of course it's less complicated for them since they're operating in 2 dimensional space and can just stop. Skydio drones have visual path planning and navigation, so nothing new for drones. Someone could build and program a drone to fly around in a cave autonomously using SLAM (lidar) and ultrasonics. It would be really cool. But that doesn't existing on the consumer, prosumer, or enterprise market right now. Probably because the demand is not large enough to justify the high cost of R&D.

Reactions: AtoZ
Of course the technology exists to do all those things and isn't anything new. Visual navigation with cameras, ultrasonics, and lidar (SLAM) have been around a long time. And it isn't new to consumer level devices either. All the high end robotic vacuum cleaners do it. Of course it's less complicated for them since they're operating in 2 dimensional space and can just stop. Skydio drones have visual path planning and navigation, so nothing new for drones. Someone could build and program a drone to fly around in a cave autonomously using SLAM (lidar) and ultrasonics. It would be really cool. But that doesn't existing on the consumer, prosumer, or enterprise
As I said from the beginning.. Thanks, The SDK is wish list and the Aircraft firmware don't support and as the App on controller hmm as it is

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo