Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Touchdown

This is some basic 4k footage, mostly unedited to no editing. Just tweaked the standard colors some, added some contrast and saturation. Tried to give it some pop on this mostly cloudy day, but at least it didn't rain until I was about to land. Still waiting on some sun here.

The on-screen caption says 8K and your comments say 4K. Can we assume you shot in 8K and produced the video in 4K? It looks fabulous! How would that compare with video shot AND produced in 4K? Was that 30fps or 60fps? I don't know how to tell for sure in Vimeo.

The on-screen caption says 8K and your comments say 4K. Can we assume you shot in 8K and produced the video in 4K? It looks fabulous! How would that compare with video shot AND produced in 4K? Was that 30fps or 60fps? I don't know how to tell for sure in Vimeo.
So some confusion for sure as the name of the drone is the Evo II 8k. I think the footage is 4k shot in 4k, I too would like to know the frame rate.

It's here. Just one quick flight before I exhausted the battery. Looks like it's going to be a keeper. Lots of testing to do, but I do like a few features already, including the voice commands. As information, I also have the Mavic mini and Mavic 2 Pro as comparison.
Those pics are awesome. Definitely not taken with a phone

Those pics are awesome. Definitely not taken with a phone
Thanks, yeah those images are with my Sony a9 and 200-600. I do photography part time professionally, mostly sports but want to start including aerial work.

For those wondering I've spent quite a bit time flying it and trying out all of the features.

First of all, the manual sucks and is missing tons of information. The app has some significant glitches. And some features don't work at all or fail miserably.

I've not found a way to make the log files look good. I mostly shoot in 4k @ 24fps but without filters I'm often at undesirable shutter speeds. And without aperture control it's a bit frustrating.

As for the remote, you can't apparently customize the rear buttons that are advertised as customizable. I do love being able to fly without a phone or tablet. The A button apparently is only used for initiating a voice command. It's way to easy to press and a bit annoying. The B button, who knows....

Prop noise is maybe slightly worse than the mavic 2 pro but not a big difference. It flies great. Range is on par with mavic 2 pro. Not better, not significantly worse either. Battery life is unimaginably great. Obstacle avoidance seems great. Still image files are huge. With 8k video you better learn to use proxy files. The HDR files look pretty good.

Thanks, yeah those images are with my Sony a9 and 200-600. I do photography part time professionally, mostly sports but want to start including aerial work.

For those wondering I've spent quite a bit time flying it and trying out all of the features.

First of all, the manual sucks and is missing tons of information. The app has some significant glitches. And some features don't work at all or fail miserably.

I've not found a way to make the log files look good. I mostly shoot in 4k @ 24fps but without filters I'm often at undesirable shutter speeds. And without aperture control it's a bit frustrating.

As for the remote, you can't apparently customize the rear buttons that are advertised as customizable. I do love being able to fly without a phone or tablet. The A button apparently is only used for initiating a voice command. It's way to easy to press and a bit annoying. The B button, who knows....

Prop noise is maybe slightly worse than the mavic 2 pro but not a big difference. It flies great. Range is on par with mavic 2 pro. Not better, not significantly worse either. Battery life is unimaginably great. Obstacle avoidance seems great. Still image files are huge. With 8k video you better learn to use proxy files. The HDR files look pretty good.
Oh, and you can see more of my work here:

Thanks Tim. It would be great if you could share some stills and a bit more video... I am quite curious to see the yaw in video when you set the expo slow.. or perhaps in its tripod mode... Also, would like to see some cinematic mode at speed./higher frame rates.... like 2k at whatever the max frame rate max is...

Your comments about the controller are a little bit of a concern, but its early days and hopefully if Autel is truly serious, they will perfect things sooner than later. As for the apature, I am holding out for the pro, but your video looks great even viewing on my 2k screen. (downloaded as 2k)

Very much appreciate whatever you can share. Stay safe.

Oh, and you can see more of my work here:

LOL, I was part right . When I saw the pics and zoomed in, I said to myself, "What the heck did he shoot these with, an A9?" Lens guess was a 70-200 though. On the fence now Sony A7r3,4 or Canon eos r5. Currently shoot Canon 5DsR.

LOL, I was part right . When I saw the pics and zoomed in, I said to myself, "What the heck did he shoot these with, an A9?" Lens guess was a 70-200 though. On the fence now Sony A7r3,4 or Canon eos r5. Currently shoot Canon 5DsR.

I shot Canon for a long time. All the 1d bodies up to 1dx2. Started with Sony about 2 years ago. Sold all Canon gear. I think mirrorless is the future. It'll be interesting to see what canon comes up with. I also have the r3 and r4 and a9II. The 200-600 is great in good light. I'll break out the 70-200 or 400 when the light goes away. But this drone video thing has all my attention now as my sports shooting is apparently over for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: MikeReidPhotography
This is some basic 4k footage, mostly unedited to no editing. Just tweaked the standard colors some, added some contrast and saturation. Tried to give it some pop on this mostly cloudy day, but at least it didn't rain until I was about to land. Still waiting on some sun here.

Where do you live that you have trees leafing out and green grass already? Brown season in Wisconsin lasts until Memorial Day. Summer starts July 1st and is pretty much wrapped up by the the weekend of the 4th!

I was all Sony until I made the mistake of renting a Fuji GFX50s. I kept blowing up a7r shutters doing timelapses...

There really is something mesmerizing about drone video...soaring above it all
Did you switch to Fuji. It's not buying the body that scares me its the the pain in the glass, LOL.

Did you switch to Fuji. It's not buying the body that scares me its the the pain in the glass, LOL.
I did but I kept my Sony a7r2 for timelapses and a backup. I'd been adapting a number of Canon lenses onto the Sony and now adapt them onto the GFX50s. I have two native fuji lenses which are great.

I wish I could adapt Sony lenses onto the GFX...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials