Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II ND filters

I got mine direct from Skyreat for testing and evaluation. They should be available on Amazon shortly for $49 or $59.00.

The 16ND will probably be the most used and puts the 6K camera in it's sweet spot for sharpness at f4.0 with shutter speeds of 50 or 60 for 24fps or 60fps.

The 64ND will get one down to 1/3 second at f7.1 for motion blur in timelapses. My tests shows things get bad at f8 and beyond.

It is also nice to have one empty spot in the case where you can immediately put the clear lens up on removal.
Its a sin that Skyreat, at now, does not sell them in Europe. I have some contact with skyreat and guy said that, this filters are olny for U.S. Market :(

• Angry
Reactions: Micander
Of course! With Skyreat and Freewell. Why are they making it so hard to get filters in Europe?
I have said the same to my Skyreat Seller. They can lost a good piece of market. I hope they change idea, as Skyreat is a good manufacturer.

My opinion: Could Skyreat be the OEM manufacturer of AUTEL EVO II (only ND filters package, from 4 to 32)????

Last edited:
I emailed Tony at Freewell and he has made the necessary changes on the web page so you can now order single Filters again.

Did you verify if he really did it? Ordering isn't possible for some days now again. But they sent the ones already ordered!

freewell.jpg

Hmm... seems Freewell wants to force people into buying at droneworks. Amazon doesn't deliver to europe.

Reactions: PingSpike
Here is the answer he sent me. I'm guessing he means they are out of stock.

Hey,

Thanks for your message.

We will open on the website the reason we close sometime as if some filter goes out of stock we cannot just have that out of stock & if the buyer place an order he has to keep waiting.

Thanks

Tony

Hmm... seems Freewell wants to force people into buying at droneworks. Amazon doesn't deliver to europe.

My 2 cents on why? Because you have to stand behind the product if its sold on amazon, YOU MUST ACCEPT RETURNS and you have to take responsibility when 5 of your 8 filters are defective uncalibratable junk......DRONEWORKS refused my refund request because they were opened, doesn't matter that they are not as advertised and wont pass calibration when they advertised they do, flat out screwing over their customers on that one, they know the product doesn't work as advertised yet refuse any responsibility to refund, even going as far as scrubbing negative honest reviews from their site that talked about calibration issues so they can keep selling em! Dirty pool, never again.

Last edited:
I know you guys want and should expect your filters to calibrate on start up but I can tell you other UAV manufacturers have it written in their manual to install after start up. You don't have to force them on or stress out the motors.

This is the recommendation from parrot for their Anafi UAV. I know two different UAV's but I would think you could use the same recommendation for both.

"
About Anafi
Anafi was designed and optimized to fly as is. Parrot therefore strongly discourages the use of any add-on or accessory which could be mounted on, or attached to (motor covers, feet extensions, buoys, hulls, etc.). In addition to the overweight they carry for the drone and its motors, they can indeed magnetically disturb and impair its communications.
ND filters, however, are not affected by this warning: filters can be used on ’s lens, but Parrot recommends installing them carefully, after the drone’s gimbal initialization."

So its not uncommon for filters to cause problems during initialization.

My understanding, perhaps faulty is that the Freewell filters were designed with input/help/request...something....from DroneWorks, so they may have an exclusive with those for a bit.

I used a polarized filter own my Evo 2 Pro today without issues. In fact, I have used a few of the filters from the Freewell kit with no issues. Even my Mavic Mini works fine with the Tiffen filters.

Despite what I am reading here, I always install filters with the aircraft turned off to avoid potential damage to the gimbal. IDK why some drone companies would suggest installing while the drone is powered on.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
My understanding, perhaps faulty is that the Freewell filters were designed with input/help/request...something....from DroneWorks, so they may have an exclusive with those for a bit.

I used a polarized filter own my Evo 2 Pro today within issues. In fact, I have used a few of the filters from the Freewell kit with no issues. Even my Mavic Mini works fine with the Tiffen filters.

Despite what I am reading here, I always install filters with the aircraft turned off to avoid potential damage to the gimbal. IDK why some drone companies would suggest installing while the drone is powered on.

I think most folks worry is the undo motor stress and warranty area. If its enough stress to fail a gimbal calibration it can't be good to fly like that regularly.

I honestly did get a gimbal overload error one time with the ND4PL and it shut the gimbal motors down midflight over the ocean, totally unresponsive to input; frozen; prompted in autel app with a message to land and power cycle drone to restore gimbal functions, no error in Autel flight log replay, nothing showed up as warning on Airuav flights data either and I did not screenshot the app on phone. Not sure if there's another way to read the flight data on our end that shows all errors but my own knucklehead move for not just screenshotting the warning message with the phone. Regardless, the potential ability for complete loss to move or operate the gimbal at any random moment is a major issue when its happening midflight for me, so right now I either risk that with 5 of these filters or just don't use them and consider it money flushed down the toilet and a loss because they wont return them. Yes, I am a little sour there, moneys tight right now, wish I would of ordered through amazon for easy return and piece of mind.

I think most folks worry is the undo motor stress and warranty area. If its enough stress to fail a gimbal calibration it can't be good to fly like that regularly.

I honestly did get a gimbal overload error one time with the ND4PL and it shut the gimbal motors down midflight over the ocean, totally unresponsive to input; frozen; prompted in autel app with a message to land and power cycle drone to restore gimbal functions, no error in Autel flight log replay, nothing showed up as warning on Airuav flights data either and I did not screenshot the app on phone. Not sure if there's another way to read the flight data on our end that shows all errors but my own knucklehead move for not just screenshotting the warning message with the phone. Regardless, the potential ability for complete loss to move or operate the gimbal at any random moment is a major issue when its happening midflight for me, so right now I either risk that with 5 of these filters or just don't use them and consider it money flushed down the toilet and a loss because they wont return them. Yes, I am a little sour there, moneys tight right now, wish I would of ordered through amazon for easy retur and piece of mind.

While I understand your frustration with the filters purchase...I'd suggest that there's something wacky going on with the aircraft. Perhaps your gimbal is more sensitive than most and could have some sort of adjustment? Have you contacted Autel to get their thoughts?

As I wrote above, I've used both ND and CPL filters on both the Evo2 Pro and on a Mavic Mini with no warnings or errors. In the case of the Evo 2,the slight difference in weight compared to the standard piece is negligible.

I get a gimbal warning from time to time even without filter. I have learned to ignore it, it will go away after a few seconds. The filters didn't change anything - i only bought 5 ND filters though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller