Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

I think I may have been taken for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redleger

Reaction score
Website
www.marshallpoland.myportfolio.com
I am entering into the commercial drone world, enrolled in SDI and decided to pull the trigger on a V2 Pro since the prices have been dropping. I spent hours looking for the best deal though I am new. I bought the following: AMAZON.
I don't like spending money so I've been over thinking this, and upon research, it think the drone pictures is the V1, even though it says V2 in the description. Can anyone look at this drone and tell me if I'm crazy? I have the list of contents, and it's not the same as other bundles, but the price is lower so I decided to forgo the third battery. This only comes with 2. Bottom line, I have time to cancel the order, should I?

The pictures do not at all match up to an Evo 2Pro. They look like the Nano regular.
For comparison look at the photos at the official Autel Robotic site.

I am entering into the commercial drone world, enrolled in SDI and decided to pull the trigger on a V2 Pro since the prices have been dropping. I spent hours looking for the best deal though I am new. I bought the following: AMAZON.
I don't like spending money so I've been over thinking this, and upon research, it think the drone pictures is the V1, even though it says V2 in the description. Can anyone look at this drone and tell me if I'm crazy? I have the list of contents, and it's not the same as other bundles, but the price is lower so I decided to forgo the third battery. This only comes with 2. Bottom line, I have time to cancel the order, should I?

Personally I would cancel immediately. The camera is black in the pictures it is supposed to be silver, there is no hump like the EVO II has at the back, the camera says 1/2" sensor when it is a 1" sensor, etc. If the vendor can't even get the pictures right no way would I order from them. I order probably 95% of my stuff from Amazon, but what I won't order from them is drones or camera bodies; camera accessories yes, bodies no. I got my particular EVO II 6K from Advexure.

With cameras and drones there is too much risk that the vendor will try to save a few $$ by shipping you an international version, a used one (meaning you can't register the warranty card + missing accessories), etc. I make a living with my camera gear, I'm not going to try to save a little up front only to spend a lot more later.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSkySamurai
Thank you for replies. Something kept nagging at me and I'm glad I asked. Order canceled. Now I have to wait for everything to reset so I can order the correct one. Cheers all.

I just checked the link and those pictures are definitely of the nano plus but looking at the product description pictures, those are from the Evo 2 which makes it odd.
I did get a reply back from my original query about the contents of the rugged package since they weren't in the original pictures. I got this back from them so I say I got about a 50/50 shot. It's on me since I should have figured this out before excitedly hitting the buy button. Lessons learned and all that. Thankfully Amazon does facilitate returns.

Attachments

• list.png
    list.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: edgardcafe
Update, cancellation failed, it's already being shipped. Looks like it's about to get interesting. Will update when item is received. Maybe I'll get lucky.
DO NOT Even Open the Box when it arrives...
Apply for a return ASAP from Amazon and give the reason that you we miss led and sold the wrong item.
Bring that box right to UPS or your drop off. As soon as Amazon sees a label created you will see your credit.
No scene in being curious just return it.
The prices are better now at Autel Robotics Camera Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones.
Good Luck and keep us posted.

DO NOT Even Open the Box when it arrives...
Apply for a return ASAP from Amazon and give the reason that you we miss led and sold the wrong item.
Bring that box right to UPS or your drop off. As soon as Amazon sees a label created you will see your credit.
No scene in being curious just return it.
The prices are better now at Autel Robotics Camera Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Amazon will allow the return, even if he has opened the box!

It may very well turn out to be correct. Autel's current price for the V2 is $1599. So, other than the photos not being correct in the advertisement, I don't see anything to be suspect.

Firstly, thank you everyone for your replies. To update this post, I did receive the drone, and it was the V2 as stated. The pictures were wrong, but everything turned out perfect. Now, on to figuring out how to upgrade to remote ID compliance in time for the deadline!
Exactly what I suspected. Thanks for the update.

Personally I would cancel immediately. The camera is black in the pictures it is supposed to be silver, there is no hump like the EVO II has at the back, the camera says 1/2" sensor when it is a 1" sensor, etc. If the vendor can't even get the pictures right no way would I order from them. I order probably 95% of my stuff from Amazon, but what I won't order from them is drones or camera bodies; camera accessories yes, bodies no. I got my particular EVO II 6K from Advexure.

With cameras and drones there is too much risk that the vendor will try to save a few $$ by shipping you an international version, a used one (meaning you can't register the warranty card + missing accessories), etc. I make a living with my camera gear, I'm not going to try to save a little up front only to spend a lot more later.
Advexture is awesome - highly recommend

I would cancel also. I have the V2 and this is not it. I bought a bundle with 4 batteries, a charge station, 4 sets of props, + more, and a nice pelican case for about $300 more than this. Good luck!

Reactions: redleger
I would cancel also. I have the V2 and this is not it. I bought a bundle with 4 batteries, a charge station, 4 sets of props, + more, and a nice pelican case for about $300 more than this. Good luck!
OP said it turned out to be correct. Read post #11

Reactions: redleger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials