Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II ND Filter Mod...

Cicero24

Reaction score
Had an old kit of Neewer ND filters from my long lost Mavic Pro I found in my knick knack drawer. So I thought.....hmmmmm. The filter pops out of the housing with very gentle pressure. I unthreaded the Evo II lens from the gimbal, used the round of the lettering on the gimbal as a guide and gently threaded the lens back on slowly until it was tight enough to be secure without moving the nd lens or scratching the Evo lens. Works like a charm! No gimbal abnormalities or errors. The gimbal starts up and goes through the calibration as normal without issue. Bright sunny day out and now I can achieve better video without cranked up shutter speeds! Thought I would share my hodge podge ND modification with you guys. Adios!47A1A6BC-0E3B-45FC-9E48-05F377662A90.jpeg701A7020-CA99-416A-8F28-E435B224C552.jpeg5179E7E7-23D7-47E9-8626-D5EA8D3957D6.jpeg1B64A34F-2E64-456A-AA6B-30689EEC68F4.jpeg

Last edited:
How easy was it to unscrew the 8K lens? Can you share some photos/video with using the filter?

Would you recommend this for those of us with an 8K evo?

It was snug at first. I used a rubber band over the grooved area on the front of the gimbal lens. The rubber gave enough extra grip without having to man handle the lens in order to get it loose. You can decide for yourself if you wanna do it or not. I have been using this method for a little while with no negatives and it works quite well. I don’t know how to share a video on this site, bit using this method I am able to crank down the shutter speeds to my needs and achieve the 180 degree rule when shooting moving subjects. Since my method has been successful for me I wanted to share with you all since it could be an unknown amount of time until we have commercially available ND filters for the Evo II. Adios!

So, you sandwiched the thin ND filter disc between the camera body (where the lettering is) and the threaded lens cover? Clever!

Had an old kit of Neewer ND filters from my long lost Mavic Pro I found in my knick knack drawer. So I thought.....hmmmmm. The filter pops out of the housing with very gentle pressure. I unthreaded the Evo II lens from the gimbal, used the round of the lettering on the gimbal as a guide and gently threaded the lens back on slowly until it was tight enough to be secure without moving the nd lens or scratching the Evo lens. Works like a charm! No gimbal abnormalities or errors. The gimbal starts up and goes through the calibration as normal without issue. Bright sunny day out and now I can achieve better video without cranked up shutter speeds! Thought I would share my hodge podge ND modification with you guys. Adios!View attachment 7528View attachment 7529View attachment 7530View attachment 7531
love it when you can repurpose old gear.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials