Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Enterprise First Impressions

I tried out the speaker yesterday. 400 ft. high and 1100 ft. distance and I could still hear it. (Elton John, Rocket Man)😎
Also tried out the spotlight. Very bright.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Found that the firmware update can be presented more than once, even though it completes successfully.
Attaching a screenshot of what the versions should read in the General>About section of the Explorer app.

That way you can skip the support session I had with Advexure.
Advexure has notified Autel support of the repeat prompt issue for the latest firmware.
Also the Explorer app version does not match anything on the Autel site... and you cannot.

Screenshot is from tech support at Advexure

Note that you will not see the firmware PACKAGE version anywhere in the versions for individual components after the firmware installs... and the firmware install screen is not the same as shown on the Autel site... it only shows a single "succeeded" green check mark, and not green check marks for all components like the normal android version does.

Autel really needs some technical documentation help.
Would save on a lot of support costs.

Just tell and show exactly what the customer is supposed to see and then they can confirm themselves...

Attachments

• 2021_09_28_10_48_37.jpg
    2021_09_28_10_48_37.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: advexure
Found that the firmware update can be presented more than once, even though it completes successfully.
Attaching a screenshot of what the versions should read in the General>About section of the Explorer app.

That way you can skip the support session I had with Advexure.
Advexure has notified Autel support of the repeat prompt issue for the latest firmware.
Also the Explorer app version does not match anything on the Autel site... and you cannot.

Screenshot is from tech support at Advexure

Note that you will not see the firmware PACKAGE version anywhere in the versions for individual components after the firmware installs... and the firmware install screen is not the same as shown on the Autel site... it only shows a single "succeeded" green check mark, and not green check marks for all components like the normal android version does.

Autel really needs some technical documentation help.
Would save on a lot of support costs.

Just tell and show exactly what the customer is supposed to see and then they can confirm themselves...
Thanks for sharing and glad our team could get this topic squared away for you.

Also worth noting that you can always go to the Smart Controller settings menu -> General -> Software Updates and when you tap "App", "System Software" and "UAV Firmware" you can have the SC check Autel's server to see if the firmware version you have is the latest. Note that you must be on wi-fi to do this. Here the Explorer app also doesn't show you what version is being run, but it's an easy way to check your current versions against the versions available on Autel's servers.

EVO II SC Updates.JPG

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Autel Care is not available for the Enterprise.
This is only true at the moment, they are working on fixing that.

Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 11:16 AM
To: Goldenu!!!
Subject: EXT: Re: 206177 - Autel Robotics Care Inquiry, order number (21528)

Hello Craig

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics. As of now, Autel Robotics care can only be used for the EVO II and EVO II Pro. Autel Robotics Care is not available for the EVO II enterprise units, as they are quite different in value. We are in the process of developing Autel Robotics care for enterprise units, but have no further information at this time. I can assist you with getting a refund for your purchase of Autel Care if you provide me with your order number.

Ok, I've been flying this thing for a week now. Problems:

1. Updates for controller and software were problem-free, but the update repeatedly failed for the Evo firmware until I disconnected the drone, then ran the check, downloaded the firmware, reconnected the drone, and allowed it to apply.
  2. Initially had weak speaker, but found if I got closer to the mic on the smart controller, the speaker worked extremely well.
  3. Battery life is not what is claimed. On fully charged batteries, I'm showing only about 36 min. with a clean (no accessories installed) machine.
  4. By far my biggest problem with this thing: frequently after changing batteries it freezes and/or crashes when trying to download the remaining mission to the drone. Sometimes I can get it to work again by killing/restarting the program, but this is getting aggravating enough that I'm considering returning the drone. Mapping is 90% of this thing's job.
  5. Tracking is bad. I couldn't get it to track vehicles reliably, so I locked it on a big rig with 58' trailer: it lost the target repeatedly.
Good things:

1. Smart controller is *awesome*, super bright screen, excellent button placement, nice control. Thing is heavy, but the neck strap handles it well.
  2. Pictures are uniformly excellent, particularly some night shots I did of the city.
  3. Stability in wind is better than anything I've flown.
  4. THAT CASE! Waterproof, shock-proof, and probably bulletproof, though you do need to be about 5'-5" or shorter to use the handle without stooping.
  5. Almost forgot: visibility! Compared to my DJI, the color and sheer size of this thing make it visible about a third farther away.

Battery life is not what is claimed. On fully charged batteries, I'm showing only about 36 min. with a clean (no accessories installed) machine.
What battery percentage do you usually land at? What altitudes are you typically flying at (MSL)?

Stability in wind is better than anything I've flown.
Nice to hear! What would you say is the best you've flown previously?

Thanks for the feedback.

What battery percentage do you usually land at? What altitudes are you typically flying at (MSL)?

This last mission was flown at 150 feet, but most are flown between 175' and 200'.

Nice to hear! What would you say is the best you've flown previously?
Our drone program is just starting, so the only drones I've flown up to now are DJI. I have a bunch of time on the MA2, and a fair amount on the M2P. I flew a Mini 2 once, but I don't count that.

Thanks for the feedback.
EDIT: and then I realized you said altitude MSL, not AGL. Vegas is pretty low, so MSL was 2,151', with normal flights taking place at 2176'-2201'.

Last edited:
Reactions: SARty and advexure
This firmware improves the overall flight and handling of the airframe...

This Won't install over the air, so you'll need to use the physical upgrade process of putting the unzipped files in the root directory of the SD card and booting the airframe.

You can see the progress on the Smart Controller while it completes and then confirm the versions of all modules using the firmware release notes:

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.30 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.61 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:

COMPONENTEVO II V1EVO II V2
Flight ControlV0.0.4.63V0.0.4.63
CameraV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller)
V4.0.0.11
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller
RC PanelV3.0.14.0
N/A(Smart Controller)
V4.0.3.7
N/A(Smart Controller)
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
Gimbal0.1.55.00.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.16.0V0.0.16.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - Added EVO II Enterprise aircraft support

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error
  • - Fixed panorama photo compiling error
  • - Optimized precision landing performance
  • - Fixed EVO II 640T temperature warning invalid issue
  • - Fixed RC connection stability issue on EVO II V2
  • - Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue on EVO II V2
  • - Optimized image transmission signal performance on EVO II V2

• Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.1.42, Android V1.1.7.90 or newer.

This is for the Evo II Enterprise with the Smart Controller Bundle and the pre-installed Explorer App version 1.0.59
2021_10_06_02_56_38.jpg

Reactions: phantomrain.org

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials