Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Enterprise First Impressions

advexure

Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
With EVO II Enterprise units arriving to Advexure customers & partners across the country this week, we'd like to hear everyone's first impressions. The good, the bad, and the ugly (hope not so much). :)

This will be a thread where you can share your "reviews" on the EVO II Enterprise, what you like, what you don't like, anything you may want to see improved on. Don't hold anything back, we (Advexure), Autel, other forum members, and outside lurkers want to hear from end users.

We've enjoyed getting plenty of stick time on the EVO II Enterprise over the last few weeks with the 6K (Pro), 640T and Dual R (FLIR Radiometric) payloads along with the RTK module. As with just about all Autel platforms, we like to dial back the expo and gains first to smooth down the system. Everyone has their sweet spot, find yours, just like the regular EVO II, it's a jumpy platform out of the box with the the default gains. The EVO II Enterprise is a super smooth platform inflight, its larger arms, motors and props make for a much softer and quieter performance, with added flight time!

Do a proper pre-flight and airworthiness on your maiden flights. Make it a habit with any new platform you add to your fleet to give it a thorough airworthiness before putting it into full operations. Over the last eight years, our team has run into our own fair share of wild occurrences on maiden flights, from ESCs coming loose and shorting, to batteries having bad latches, to props not being properly installed. Be diligent, be patient, be smart, be safe.

Autel EVO II Enterprise.jpg

Our Fleet Support Team is always available 7 days a week. Safe flying with your new EVO II Enterprise, and to those either looking or simply curious to learn more about the EVO II Enterprise, drop your questions, comments, criticisms, tips and feedback below.

–The Advexure Team

I'm using a 43" option I got off Amazon.
When landing and for dust management I've found bigger is better.
What do you think?

Shame the Hoodman product doesn't come in this size, or does it?
I really like the Advexure one, just not big enough.
Each to their own.

Reactions: advexure
And of coarse, I should have looked here first.....

Advexure has the 5' version. Sigh... the universe is against me... I needed that money for this week's lunches... but oh well... :)

I'm using a 43" option I got off Amazon.
When landing and for dust management I've found bigger is better.
What do you think?

Shame the Hoodman product doesn't come in this size, or does it?
I really like the Advexure one, just not big enough.
Each to their own.
Yes we have 2, 3, 5, and 8 foot landing pads. 8 footers are used on the VTOLs or drunken pilots (bad joke) that need 8 feet to hit the target.
Highly recommend Hoodman pads over anything else as their weighted ring that coils to fold is unlike any other knock-off pad the market. Most of the cheapos will blow away if you don't stake them down.

Hoodman 8.jpg

Received my Enterprise yesterday. Checked firmware updated. None needed.
Set up controller. Remember to peel back the screen saver at a 180* angle, I learned that on my V1 SC. Still very weak volume. Compass cal done. Checked props for proper installation.
Did small check out flight. Checked controls, everything worked great. Very jumpy so adjusted exp to .2 much better. Seems louder than the evo2 to me anyway. Strobe and spotlight works as it should. will check the speaker later. I like the carbon fiber arms. Longer, wider, and thicker than the evo2 . Got a green safe to fly popup, never got that with my evo 2. Will play with the dual band later on. All in all I like it so far. Couldn't find Autel Care for the Enterprise. I've inquired and waiting for a reply.

Received my Enterprise yesterday. Checked firmware updated. None needed.
Set up controller. Remember to peel back the screen saver at a 180* angle, I learned that on my V1 SC. Still very weak volume. Compass cal done. Checked props for proper installation.
Did small check out flight. Checked controls, everything worked great. Very jumpy so adjusted exp to .2 much better. Seems louder than the evo2 to me anyway. Strobe and spotlight works as it should. will check the speaker later. I like the carbon fiber arms. Longer, wider, and thicker than the evo2 . Got a green safe to fly popup, never got that with my evo 2. Will play with the dual band later on. All in all I like it so far. Couldn't find Autel Care for the Enterprise. I've inquired and waiting for a reply.
Seems Autel just doesn't care about the week audio.

When I first saw the design, It became evident that this was very much a copy of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and that would be great if it was a good design but it was not.

All they needed to do was add the FAA lights on the Drone , and that would have been awesome. That approach would have set the bar higher. A new design would have turned DJI goes heads but it did not. There is no doubt the build is better , but the design is just a copy, I hope this decision was an old one from the orange fairies , and not part of the NEW restructure.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain.

When I first saw the design, It became evident that this was very much a copy of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and that would be great if it was a good design but it was not.

All they needed to do was add the FAA lights on the Drone , and that would have been awesome. That approach would have set the bar higher. A new design would have turned DJI goes heads but it did not. There is no doubt the build is better , but the design is just a copy, I hope this decision was an old one from the orange fairies , and not part of the NEW restructure.

Phantomrain.org

Jon McBride, who now works for Autel, mentioned that the lack of a built in night-time strobe was a shortcoming of the new enterprise Evo. It's a good sign when the employees are as critical as the intended customer. Many times engineers that work on these projects have no idea about real world use of the product which seems absurd. But we have seen it for years with DJI too, so hopefully, going forward, the PMs will have a clue, or at least listen to those that do.

Reactions: phantomrain.org
Jon McBride, who now works for Autel, mentioned that the lack of a built in night-time strobe was a shortcoming of the new enterprise Evo. It's a good sign when the employees are as critical as the intended customer. Many times engineers that work on these projects have no idea about real world use of the product which seems absurd. But we have seen it for years with DJI too, so hopefully, going forward, the PMs will have a clue, or at least listen to those that do.
They must have flipped a Coin on this decision . DJI has discontinued the Mavic 2 so maybe that is why Autel picked up the parts and the third party vendor. Very interesting.

2021-09-25_13h26_32.png

If you're going to use the headlights, you will also need a beacon. This was the case when the Mavic Enterprise came along too. With all the descisions that go into a project like this, how could they not understand that if your going to use a spot light, you're going to be required to also have a beacon, duh. A glaring "fail" in that regard from both camps.

If you're going to use the headlights, you will also need a beacon. This was the case when the Mavic Enterprise came along too. With all the descisions that go into a project like this, how could they not understand that if your going to use a spot light, you're going to be required to also have a beacon, duh. A glaring "fail" in that regard from both camps.
I could not agree more, its mind blowing to me a Company that is trying so hard to compete could be so blind as to what small changes could put them on the Map.

The new Nano which is a great name by the way , but small changes in design and better lighting could have made there Nano over the Mini 2 a huge success. I just think this company has bee self sabotaging for so long starting with the Orange only paint.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183