Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II 6K/8K?

TravisPNW

Reaction score
Hey all... browsing BB and I see an EVO II Pro 6k Professional and an EVO II 8K which is also less expensive by $300...

Other than the obvious resolution difference what other differences are there? I've got a buyer lined up for my Evo I and am considering upgrading to this drone. I have a 10% discount offer from BB which sweetens the deal a bit...

Thanks in advance.

Hey all... browsing BB and I see an EVO II Pro 6k Professional and an EVO II 8K which is also less expensive by $300...

Other than the obvious resolution difference what other differences are there? I've got a buyer lined up for my Evo I and am considering upgrading to this drone. I have a 10% discount offer from BB which sweetens the deal a bit...

Thanks in advance.

Only differences are in the camera, aircrafts across all three models of the EVO II series are the same. The primary difference between the EVO II 6K and 8K cameras is their sensor. 6K has a 1" (larger) sensor, while the 8K has a 1/2" (smaller) sensor. Sensor size is very important, but not absolutely critical for all users. Some prefer maximum image size/resolution over sensor size. In short, essentially a larger sensor typically performs better in low light, it has a greater dynamic range, and less crop factor. Again, these characteristics aren't critical to most users...just depends on your needs and preferences.

Thanks in advance.

I'd also chime in the Pro 6k has adjustable aperture which is nice to control light, depth of field, etc. I use the smaller aperture (f11) to make the lens flares really pop during sunsets. Some people hate it but I get a great effect out of it.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have a "pro" camera setup already with my standalone camera plus various lens including a sweet portrait lens... and based on that I am leaning towards the 6K. Might as well go premium with the drone upgrade too. I've been totally happy with the camera on the Evo 1... and hoping for the same happiness with the new model.

I have a 65" OLED I do my viewing on. :)

Will post back when I pull the trigger.

Glad you guys mentioned the adjustable aperature. I've had my E2P 6k for 3 weeks now and cannot figure out how to change the ap. It's stuck on 2.8 and it doesn't 'highlight' the option so I can change it. Am I missing something or is my drone defective? Got a couple other issue as well, but I'll start with that. Thanks!

Glad you guys mentioned the adjustable aperature. I've had my E2P 6k for 3 weeks now and cannot figure out how to change the ap. It's stuck on 2.8 and it doesn't 'highlight' the option so I can change it. Am I missing something or is my drone defective? Got a couple other issue as well, but I'll start with that. Thanks!

Change to manual from Auto. You can set them all then.

Okay so I'm out here now and in the camera settings the only thing I can take out of Auto is my ISO? I don't see an option anywhere to go full manual.

Only differences are in the camera, aircrafts across all three models of the EVO II series are the same. The primary difference between the EVO II 6K and 8K cameras is their sensor. 6K has a 1" (larger) sensor, while the 8K has a 1/2" (smaller) sensor. Sensor size is very important, but not absolutely critical for all users. Some prefer maximum image size/resolution over sensor size. In short, essentially a larger sensor typically performs better in low light, it has a greater dynamic range, and less crop factor. Again, these characteristics aren't critical to most users...just depends on your needs and preferences.

Thanks all for the advice! I am moving up from the E1 to the E2 Pro 6K. I just placed the order with your store. :)

Reactions: advexure

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo