Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

evo features

ruggb

Reaction score
beside all the obvious features or lack thereof a few are not so obvious:
1. There is no ability to fly FPV, right? The best you can do is Google cardboard VR "glasses". At least that is what the Autel info guy told me on a chat. He did seem to indicate that there were 2 section indicating it would be 3D??? Or is there a workaround? The key to this seems to be because the video is hardwired to the controller instead of on a separate WiFi connection.
2. The rear sensors are only sensors and do not perform any collision avoidance. One tester apparently thought it would have stopped since it did sense him. Ouch!
3. The collision avoidance actually flies around or over objects instead of stopping like the Mavic Air does?? Not sure of this as one video showed it flying around a tree and another showed it stopping in front of a person.
4. is video recorded on the phone also?
5. Does the mapping require the phone to be connected to a data network?

Other than that why should I consider an Evo?

I picked the evo because DJI moved the July announcement lol. But in all seriousness, I've been without a drone for a while, so I ended up picking it up. I'm really like the video quality so far, and the range has been not an issue (see vid i posted). Here's some other things i like
-taller max height (above 500+ meters), there's a mountain out here I want to get higher than and get footage
-4k 60fps. i don't really care for 24fps, i prefer the cleaner looking 60fps, it looks sharper too.
-low light seems pretty good too:

I picked the evo because DJI moved the July announcement lol.
-low light seems pretty good too:

DJI HQ , they confirmed that the postponement was made on account of production capacity shortage, they don’t wanna see shipment issues on new product.
With so many drone manufactures parts are getting hard to get, making delays on target dates for release.

DJI HQ , they confirmed that the postponement was made on account of production capacity shortage, they don’t wanna see shipment issues on new product.
With so many drone manufactures parts are getting hard to get, making delays on target dates for release.

Hey where did you see that confirmation? Got a link to post?

Autel could use that advise from the looks of the fun people are having trying to get batteries....

Hey where did you see that confirmation? Got a link to post?

Autel could use that advise from the looks of the fun people are having trying to get batteries....
dunno bout that
i bought a battery from 2 drone businnesses,neither one had em in sock but they still took my money
bought one from autel and 2 hours later it was shipped and no shipping charges.

Originally that same source said it was an issue with the camera and a whole lot had to be recalled (which is plausible), but he deleted that tweet and now says they're just ramping up production. But who knows lol, either way, i don't think i could live without a drone for 2 more months haha. Knowing me, i'll probably get the mavic 2 as well lol

Originally that same source said it was an issue with the camera and a whole lot had to be recalled (which is plausible), but he deleted that tweet and now says they're just ramping up production. But who knows lol, either way, i don't think i could live without a drone for 2 more months haha. Knowing me, i'll probably get the mavic 2 as well lol
the mp2 is on my list also IF it ever comes to light but you made a good choice going with the Evo,seems every time i run it i find something new about it
i like that the horizontal tilt can be adjusted - + 10 degrees,i dont recall the mp having that feature

He has been right more times then he has been wrong. :) He had the MP2 pegged right and that was months ago. LOL

Well he knows someone from the inside, I am sure he can only let out just enough info so no one gets into trouble. When he said DJI called him I don't think any management called but probably one of his buddies that work there. LOL

Well he knows someone from the inside, I am sure he can only let out just enough info so no one gets into trouble. When he said DJI called him I don't think any management called but probably one of his buddies that work there. LOL
I wouldn't be surprised if this is all coordinated and he is part of DJI.

beside all the obvious features or lack thereof a few are not so obvious:
1. There is no ability to fly FPV, right? The best you can do is Google cardboard VR "glasses". At least that is what the Autel info guy told me on a chat. He did seem to indicate that there were 2 section indicating it would be 3D??? Or is there a workaround? The key to this seems to be because the video is hardwired to the controller instead of on a separate WiFi connection.
Yes, it's not a drone for FPV.

2. The rear sensors are only sensors and do not perform any collision avoidance. One tester apparently thought it would have stopped since it did sense him. Ouch!
The rear sensors are disabled in the more advanced flight modes. They still provide a warning though. In general, all of the obstacle avoidance sensors are set very conservative. You have to override it manually multiple times to have an issue.
3. The collision avoidance actually flies around or over objects instead of stopping like the Mavic Air does?? Not sure of this as one video showed it flying around a tree and another showed it stopping in front of a person.
Collision avoidance is currently set VERY conservatively, as a result, it doesn't always see a path around. It can avoid a lone obstacle, but flying through even a few trees isn't going to happen. The drone will stop and hover.
4. is video recorded on the phone also?
There's probably a way to record video to the phone, but you don't really want to do that. The on-board card will be far better because the data links don't support the maximum video fidelity.
5. Does the mapping require the phone to be connected to a data network?
The 3D mapping feature got dropped LONG ago, and I wouldn't expect it to ever be released. Buy something else if you need that feature.
Other than that why should I consider an Evo?
It's the best non-DJI product out there. The app works well, and the controller allows you to fly perfectly without bothering to drag out your phone.

Reactions: freddyrozen
It's the best non-DJI product out there. The app works well, and the controller allows you to fly perfectly without bothering to drag out your phone. .
got that right and this is coming from a die hard dji fan but no so anymore:cool:

Yes, it's not a drone for FPV.

There's probably a way to record video to the phone, but you don't really want to do that. The on-board card will be far better because the data links don't support the maximum video fidelity.

You can use DU-Recorder to record what you see on your screen to your phones/tablets micro sd card.

You CAN FPV if you an hdmi port on your tablet and a set of goggles like this Eachine Goggles Two 5 Inches 5.8G Diversity 40CH Raceband HD 1080p FPV Goggles for RC Drone The Nvidia Shield K1 has one and my Asus Transformer Prime TF700T has one.
There is a video here of a guy testing it
I wanted to do it myself but didn't want to spend another 160 bux.

Last edited:
just got a Huawei mate 9. Has a USB C but no hdmi.
It is much smoother with my P3S but I really want to be able to do FPV flight. Litchi app is a bit awkward.
Basically, if I mount the phone in a VR headset with the EVO it will run like the Litchi app, right? But then I can't control anything that is on the screen without removing the VR, right?

Recording video on the phone is more for recovery purposes than viewable content. My P3S does that, but I don't save any of that footage.

just got a Huawei mate 9. Has a USB C but no hdmi.
It is much smoother with my P3S but I really want to be able to do FPV flight. Litchi app is a bit awkward.
Basically, if I mount the phone in a VR headset with the EVO it will run like the Litchi app, right? But then I can't control anything that is on the screen without removing the VR, right?
Litchi does not work with the EVO.

didn't mean to imply that. I was considering that for my P3S but decided it was awkward. So not working with EVO is immaterial, but interesting to know.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan