Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Battery removal

I have problems with the fingers of one hand because of an off-road accident some years ago that left me with not much grip. My solution is to grip the body of the drone tightly with one of those small rubber ‘mats’ that help you to unscrew jar lids, press the button with the other hand and pull. Comes off easily.
I've adopted the exact same process. Guess my getting older hands are not as strong as I'd like to think, but using the lid remover I can slide the battery off in a hot second, no problems. I keep one in my kit now all the time.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Something changed in the new batch of Evo's because my original one the batteries slid right out, this new one takes greased rails and a crowbar. Putting silicone grease on the contact points was the only thing that helped mine. No amount of grip mattered, they just weren't coming off.

I've also recently found that if I try to remove the battery the way it is shown in the instruction manual (front legs extended, rear legs still folded) and I grab the EVO from underneath with my left hand (and my grip around the rear legs) and pull the battery down with my right it actually comes off quite easily. I was shocked, but I still keep my can opening gripper with me just in case...

Reactions: Nightbat2

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58