Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo and Litchi

ebphoto

Reaction score
Does the Evo work with Litchi? I tried it the other day and Litchi didnt recognize the Evo. Ifps there a way to get them to work? I hope so since I love a lot of the things Litchi can do.

Thx, E

Does not work yet, looks like they are not interested on the Evo because of the small market share that Autel have compared to DJI.

When you are only #5 on a list of top drone manufactures and some have even pegged them as #6 on the list it is pretty hard for any 3rd party developer to waist R&D on that product. So I would not hold my breath that Litchi will be interested anytime soon.

When you are only #5 on a list of top drone manufactures and some have even pegged them as #6 on the list it is pretty hard for any 3rd party developer to waist R&D on that product. So I would not hold my breath that Litchi will be interested anytime soon.
Didn't know that Autel was #5... I thought they were #3 after Yuneec but they are even more behind that I thought.

Hoping the EVO 2 can capture some significant marketshare and move up the list. Really need a Litchi or Drone Harmony for waypoints.

That would probably be the EVO2 competition that DJI will most likely introduce in the near future. Litchi & DH will work with new DJI within a few weeks after release. Many 3rd Party autonomous apps: DroneLink, Pix4D Capture, MapsMadeEasy, DroneLogBook, etc.

I like & use Litchi, and DH is very nice alternative way to build flights... still experimenting with DH before purchasing the Pro package.

I'd agree, the EVO2 really needs 3rd Party products to take it into the main market to play with DJI. Other products... Parrot & Yuneec have similar issues. The other Players: Pix4D and Kespry have a pretty strong vertical market and are generally out of the price range of Hobby or smaller scale platforms.

One product I'd watch that may add support would be UgCS, they may be more responsive to a capable platform with lower quantities of sales. They support several platforms, and did recently add Yuneec H520, although not in a fashion I'd prefer.

Reactions: ebphoto and parkgt
Actually getting Litchi to work could be very simple if Autel would give up where flight plans are stored and allow users to access them. We do just that on the Parrot forum for the Anafi. We have a work around where we can plan out our missions on Litchi and transfer them using a small program to convert it back to something the Anafi recognizes.

Actually getting Litchi to work could be very simple if Autel would give up where flight plans are stored and allow users to access them. We do just that on the Parrot forum for the Anafi. We have a work around where we can plan out our missions on Litchi and transfer them using a small program to convert it back to something the Anafi recognizes.
That'd be a nice alternative, sounds similar to a DJI 3rd Party app.
Although, a Tablet available supported app would be preferred... and Litchi's own PC Hub Interface.

Autel would need to provide an SDK developers package to stimulate 3rd Party to take much interest. Hopefully they'll get there.

They supplied one for the EVO I and no one was interested. LOL Not sure if anyone is a member of the Yuneec forum but one of the members there is a small developer (Tuna)
He designed the UAV Toolbox for the Typhoon H. I got to know him pretty well over the years from being a mod on another forum for Yuneec. He told me Autel has no chance of getting 3rd party developers from the way they communicate with them. When they finally released the SDK no one was interested anymore especially the small players as they don't have the resources to waist time on such a small pay back.

They supplied one for the EVO I and no one was interested. LOL Not sure if anyone is a member of the Yuneec forum but one of the members there is a small developer (Tuna)
He designed the UAV Toolbox for the Typhoon H. I got to know him pretty well over the years from being a mod on another forum for Yuneec. He told me Autel has no chance of getting 3rd party developers from the way they communicate with them. When they finally released the SDK no one was interested anymore especially the small players as they don't have the resources to waist time on such a small pay back.
Yep, Tuna's UAV Toolbox is a nice app for the H. Many would like to see it for the H520 but different firmware & SDK.

I'd heard that too regarding Autel and their attitude. That's similar to how Yuneec behaved in past too, and also why practically nil interest in Yuneec platform development.

I was hopeful Autel would take a refreshed approach with EVOII and Developers.
If not, sadly the EVOII probably won't get the long term traction needed compete in all the specialty arenas dominated by DJI.

That would probably be the EVO2 competition that DJI will most likely introduce in the near future. Litchi & DH will work with new DJI within a few weeks after release. Many 3rd Party autonomous apps: DroneLink, Pix4D Capture, MapsMadeEasy, DroneLogBook, etc.

I like & use Litchi, and DH is very nice alternative way to build flights... still experimenting with DH before purchasing the Pro package.

I'd agree, the EVO2 really needs 3rd Party products to take it into the main market to play with DJI. Other products... Parrot & Yuneec have similar issues. The other Players: Pix4D and Kespry have a pretty strong vertical market and are generally out of the price range of Hobby or smaller scale platforms.

One product I'd watch that may add support would be UgCS, they may be more responsive to a capable platform with lower quantities of sales. They support several platforms, and did recently add Yuneec H520, although not in a fashion I'd prefer.
UgCS is very expensive from what I see on website (even if they start supporting EVO) - dont see hobbiest paying that kind of fee just for better waypoint app. When I had my DJI Spark I paid $29 for lifetime license for Drone Harmony basic package which was feature rich and lightyears better than what Autel offers as their mission planner. Need a reasonable one time charge app from 3rd party for hobbiest option.

UgCS is very expensive from what I see on website (even if they start supporting EVO) - dont see hobbiest paying that kind of fee just for better waypoint app. When I had my DJI Spark I paid $29 for lifetime license for Drone Harmony basic package which was feature rich and lightyears better than what Autel offers as their mission planner. Need a reasonable one time charge app from 3rd party for hobbiest option.
Do you think Drone Harmony could be adapted to work with the Evo?

I am down to 2 DJI drones and the EVO1 - I only use Litchi on the DJI as it is so much better than the go app and I pre plan many missions from my PC then go fly them. Unfortunately Litchi does not work with any other drones so the EVO has to rely on the explorer which is OK but not much better than the go app. I also use the crystal sky which is awesome but maps don't work in explorer and Autel has no plans on fixing the map issue. So as with everything it's a compromise.

Reactions: Rexbarberry
Do you think Drone Harmony could be adapted to work with the Evo?
I believe the Drone Harmony team could develop app to include the EVO, If they have the SDK. Problem is that there are too few Autel users as compared to DJI - so I doubt DH will invest the time and money even with access to the SDK. My hope is that the EVO 2 will significantly increase the user base and intrigue DH to add Autel to the DJI family they allow on their platform.

That would be correct when comparing to DH Basic, although to DH Pro monthly cost for multiple sUAV inventory, it doesn’t take long to meet & exceed a perpetual lic of UgCS. My focus for a successful EVO2 was the need of Pro usage and acceptance, which in turn increases Hobbyist too.

I like DH, and will most likely purchase subscription for the additional features. I’d also like to see UgCS offer a limited version, similar to DH Basic but they’re a large player in many other sUAV and UAS products, the UgCS is a minor product for them so I doubt we’ll see a low cost version.

If the EVO2 did gain popularity, and Autel took a different approach with SDK & Developers... you might see several add the EVO2 to their compatible list. I find it difficult to understand the invested cost, time, and energy devoted by a Company... and make a competitive product, then take a negative attitude toward 3rd party developers to make / bring product into full popularity.

If Apple had taken same attitude with iPhone, it wouldn’t had been nearly as successful... who knows, BlackBerry may have survived longer.

Without 3rd party apps, it’ll have a difficult time getting any stronger margins. The proposed use of the Thermal for SAR... normally requires multiple apps or a pretty full featured Autel app... which I doubt.

Reactions: parkgt
Autell will remain a minor player no matter how good the drones are if they can't get some more 3rd party support.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
One other note on DH Basic that effects me, might others... Basic version doesn't include Mavic2 Enterprise or Dual, Inspires or Matrice platforms, that requires $99 per month version at $1200 per year.

If the EVO 2 or EVO 2 Dual (thermal) competes with Mavic 2 Enterprise or M2E Dual or more precisely the Matrice 210 with 640 XT or XT2 thermal... that most likely places it in the same Pro requirement of a monthly fee for DH or other similar 3rd Party tools with high subscription or initial cost for a License.

That's a big "IF" it would be included, but if so, I'm confident 3rd party apps wouldn't be a low cost option to include the EVO 2 Dual for Thermal tools or SAR tools.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58