Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo and Litchi

That's a big "IF" it would be included, but if so, I'm confident 3rd party apps wouldn't be a low cost option to include the EVO 2 Dual for Thermal tools or SAR tools.

Since the EVO 2 is not radiometric how would it use any thermal tools at any cost?

Since the EVO 2 is not radiometric how would it use any thermal tools at any cost?
Incorrect, check out the EVO2 models... as sited, the EVO2 Dual is a 640 Thermal, it may not be Advanced Radiometric, it is standard Radiometric and functional in multiple thermal roles.

My use of "tools" is directed at any SW... not indicating Flir Tools for Advanced Radiometric.
Exp: UgCS, DH, etc are tools.

It’s really too bad because it’s really nice to have a DJI competitor in the market! The more apps and third party developers that support it, the more Autel will develop their product to support them and us!!!

I am down to 2 DJI drones and the EVO1 - I only use Litchi on the DJI as it is so much better than the go app and I pre plan many missions from my PC then go fly them. Unfortunately Litchi does not work with any other drones so the EVO has to rely on the explorer which is OK but not much better than the go app. I also use the crystal sky which is awesome but maps don't work in explorer and Autel has no plans on fixing the map issue. So as with everything it's a compromise.

nor does Insitu (which is actually Boeing)
nor does Lockheed Martin
...Nor does Kespry or Pix4D. This list appears to be one from the trade mag, based on the vertical industry revenue, unrelated to actual drone-manufacturers.

A flight-planning vendor would only be concerned with UAV units, which would probably be something along the following lines:

1. DJI
2. Parrot
3. Yuneec
4. Autel
5. Skydio

...Don't forget the fixed-wing, VTOL's, and less common in consumer circles, such as:
6. SenseFly (eBee)
7. WingtraOne
8. Trimble (UX5)
9. Intel

...Or this year's most significant release, the new:
10. Sony

...And perhaps most importantly for many:
?. Ardupilot/Arducopter Custom

More importantly, Back to Flight-Planning --

If Autel's Mission Planner adds a KML (or similar) import, then in theory, 90% of the benefits of using other Mission Planners could be realized, providing those mission-planner also allow an export option. Litchi's KML import/export is their best feature, IMHO :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials