Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro , no gimbal control via touch screen of your phone or tablet ...

Barboza

Reaction score
Well this has been a surprise for me but the software does not allow you to control the gimball via your touch screen , I have switched to autel evo 2 pro from a mavic 2 pro and this has been a bit of a letdown atm but I hope that autel will add this feature with an update . Atm you can only use the left side scroll button for pitch adjustment.

Well this has been a surprise for me but the software does not allow you to control the gimball via your touch screen , I have switched to autel evo 2 pro from a mavic 2 pro and this has been a bit of a letdown atm but I hope that autel will add this feature with an update . Atm you can only use the left side scroll button for pitch adjustment.

Won't bother me since I never found that feature of my M2P very useful for cinematic filming. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough.

Well it is not a must but it is nice to have since it can be implemented easily , they can even set right scroll to switch between its current option and gimbal yaw ?

Never occurred to me Autel Evo 2 would have touch screen gimbal control, maybe on a future update.

My problem when using touchscreen to control gimbal, I could never recenter gimbal back to its normal position.

Is there a reset button to position gimbal back to center position?

Appreciate the help,
Paul

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Never occurred to me Autel Evo 2 would have touch screen gimbal control, maybe on a future update.

My problem when using touchscreen to control gimbal, I could never recenter gimbal back to its normal position.

Is there a reset button to position gimbal back to center position?

Appreciate the help,
Paul

On mavic 2 pro the 5d button on the controller the fwd action is assigned camera fwd/down on default config , you can also change that and reassign it too. You can use it to rst camera positon .

On mavic 2 pro the 5d button on the controller the fwd action is assigned camera fwd/down on default config , you can also change that and reassign it too. You can use it to rst camera positon .
Thank you very much Barboza,

Terrific informative, it works! I broke off the 5D button last year, which I never used anyways. Using your information, assigned C1 button to reset gimbal back to forward position.

Works great! That was my issue before when using finger/screen feature to move camera, could never get gimbal realigned back to true forward position.

Thank you for taking the time to share ?
Paul

U r welcome Waldo ☺ we are here to share our knowledge and help each other .

Other than that I could not get my evo 2 to pass 200 meters before losing connection in in the urban area where I live , I got the whole thing recorded . The controller suddenly loses signal and is disconnected. Tomorrow I wil be flying in a rural area and test the range again .

I will post the youtube link for the vid .

Thank you very much Barboza,

Terrific informative, it works! I broke off the 5D button last year, which I never used anyways. Using your information, assigned C1 button to reset gimbal back to forward position.

Works great! That was my issue before when using finger/screen feature to move camera, could never get gimbal realigned back to true forward position.

Thank you for taking the time to share ?
Paul

Btw how did you manage to break the 5D switch ?

Given that you can do it on the Evo 1, it’s fair to assume it will come if it isn’t there now.

U r welcome Waldo ☺ we are here to share our knowledge and help each other .

Other than that I could not get my evo 2 to pass 200 meters before losing connection in in the urban area where I live , I got the whole thing recorded . The controller suddenly loses signal and is disconnected. Tomorrow I wil be flying in a rural area and test the range again .

I will post the youtube link for the vid .
Hello Barboza,

I’m sorry to hear the Evo 2 controller lost signal connection under a urban area conditions, I was afraid of this hopefully your next flight out in a rural area signal is much stronger.

I’m still looking into getting an Evo 2 Pro, have the Mavic Air 2 ordered as a backup to the M2P.

Occusync 2 is a remarkable feature with M2P, was hoping Evo 2Pro transmits a strong signal.

Looking forward to reading your review flying Evo 2 out in a rural area, have my fingers crossed all goes well ?
Paul

I have uploaded the video showing the sudden loss of signal with evo 2 pro.

Well Waldo I am at our summer house atm and charging the batteries . Will be airborn in an hour or so ;) I'm adding the link to the vid below . I will also send an email to autel support with the video link and wait for a reply.

But it seems like I will need an alientech or 4hawks 2.4ghz booseter antenna or will do a diy setup .

I have uploaded the video showing the sudden loss of signal with evo 2 pro.

Well Waldo I am at our summer house atm and charging the batteries . Will be airborn in an hour or so ;) I'm adding the link to the vid below . I will also send an email to autel support with the video link and wait for a reply.

But it seems like I will need an alientech or 4hawks 2.4ghz booseter antenna or will do a diy setup .
Hello Barboza,

I hope you don’t need to add a booster setup, Hate seeing anyone split a controller to add a booster. I’ve been there, done that. Hopefully, future flights are good with strong reception.

Thats how I broke off the 5D button from my M2P controller, Adding a booster to controller the darn 5D button wouldn’t come off. It finally broke with the amount of force trying to remove it, after adding the booster setup eventually in time put the M2P controller back to stock.

With occusync 2 with the M2P, it really doesn’t need an amplifier booster setup for my area occusync 2 is very good.

Please keep us posted, I know others are interested with the Evo 2 Pro reception I sure am.

Have a nice day flying the Evo 2 Pro ?
Paul

Hello Barboza,

I hope you don’t need to add a booster setup, Hate seeing anyone split a controller to add a booster. I’ve been there, done that. Hopefully, future flights are good with strong reception.

Thats how I broke off the 5D button from my M2P controller, Adding a booster to controller the darn 5D button wouldn’t come off. It finally broke with the amount of force trying to remove it, after adding the booster setup eventually in time put the M2P controller back to stock.

With occusync 2 with the M2P, it really doesn’t need an amplifier booster setup for my area occusync 2 is very good.

Please keep us posted, I know others are interested with the Evo 2 Pro reception I sure am.

Have a nice day flying the Evo 2 Pro ?
Paul

Well maximum range I could achieve today was 900 meters at most and seems like I will need a booster ? I will go to the shore and do another flight . Currently uploading one of the raw footage to youtube , will share the link once the upload is done ?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Very vice Barboza ? Beautiful homes, I seen several 3-story types they are amazing.

The area looks to have a ton of inference, both WiFi noise and limited clear path too many homes blocking direct transmission from controller.

Beautiful area, Thanks for sharing ?

Very vice Barboza ? Beautiful homes, I seen several 3-story types they are amazing.

The area looks to have a ton of inference, both WiFi noise and limited clear path too many homes blocking direct transmission from controller.

Beautiful area, Thanks for sharing ?
U r welcome ?

The menu that controls the camera settings has a gimbal input in there all the way to the left side in the app. If you touch the gimbal degrees it will pop up the gimbal pitch on your screen. If you tap the top or bottom of the gimbal screen pop up it will go to all the way up or 90* down quickly to reset it in either position. If you slide up or down with your finger it will respond to your touch and speed. No yaw gimbal motions that I know or can find though. I have found this useful at times though. Hope it helps. Adios!

The menu that controls the camera settings has a gimbal input in there all the way to the left side in the app. If you touch the gimbal degrees it will pop up the gimbal pitch on your screen. If you tap the top or bottom of the gimbal screen pop up it will go to all the way up or 90* down quickly to reset it in either position. If you slide up or down with your finger it will respond to your touch and speed. No yaw gimbal motions that I know or can find though. I have found this useful at times though. Hope it helps. Adios!

Thx Cicero ,I know about the gimball menu but just as you said we can not control yaw with it just the pitch

Normal, it's not a 360 ° camera like the Inspire or the H520.
The engine is used only for cornering damping.
It was never announced that there was a 360 ° camera, if you wanted that, you have the wrong equipment.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE