Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro lost in a field

Don’t give up Matt,

I’ve lost several
in my career, from lack of experience probably could have found them had I new what I know today.

If possible, go to it’s last location. Then, walk directly on same path had it RTH. It’s here during disconnect, a drone will land between its last know location to the RTH location.

Plus, tall corn stocks/tall grass make it difficult to see even if drone is a few feet away. Just don’t give up, you’ll find it, but probably between it’s last known location to direction of RTH location.

Now, I use a TRACKIMO. The Guardian model, fits nicely onto all my drones. You may want to consider getting some type of tracker, it’ll pay for itself many times over. It has for me, best investment out there.

Today’s flight, mounted tracker to front arm beside body.

Please keep us posted,
Paul

View attachment 7617
Thanks Paul for the encouragement. It’s my first week into drones after thinking about it for a while, however I’m now pretty downbeat as unable to find. The last data isn’t helpful but I took a line from where I stood to where the drone dropped...and then circumnavigated 20m , maybe 5-6 times now.
last ditched attempt tomorrow with a friend’s drone to see if we can spot it.
As there is no flight data for the last flight do you think there was an issue with the drone perhaps? I’m not happy if this is just standard practice if it goes down . Surely £1500 in the sky with a faulty item should have the manufacturer looking into it (?)
Thanks again
Matt

Thanks Paul for the encouragement. It’s my first week into drones after thinking about it for a while, however I’m now pretty downbeat as unable to find. The last data isn’t helpful but I took a line from where I stood to where the drone dropped...and then circumnavigated 20m , maybe 5-6 times now.
last ditched attempt tomorrow with a friend’s drone to see if we can spot it.
As there is no flight data for the last flight do you think there was an issue with the drone perhaps? I’m not happy if this is just standard practice if it goes down . Surely £1500 in the sky with a faulty item should have the manufacturer looking into it (?)
Thanks again
Matt
Hello Matt,

Thats great your friend will use his drone, when I lost my first batch of drones did the same with using a drone from air. Please have your friend video tape the search, then review from a home computer. It’s much easier to see from a larger screen, using a phone or iPad is tough peeking inside tall grass or corn stocks.

I’ve lost five drones in my career, recovered two three remain missing in action. It’s a terrible
feeling, We understand, you’re experiencing what many of us went through.

You had mentioned buying the bundle kit, that’s good news but first let’s stay positive your Evo 2 surfaces.

Video tape the search, review from home computer. Keep us posted Matt! Don’t toss in the towel, still hope!

Paul

I'm sorry to read this. I can feel what you're going through and was the push for me to order a Marco Polo.

Reactions: romi
Yep, MarcoPolo. Don't need a cell signal, 3 miles or so line of sight. It walks you right to it. If you remember to turn it on before you fly.
Mine is mounted with self stick velcro on the Evo and on the clip that holds the tracker. I just pop it out of the clip when I put it in the case because it's too tall with it on.
This is the waterproof case version. Hope to never need it, but it should last a while under water too. MarcoPolo

Attachments

• marco polo mount.jpg
    marco polo mount.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: leete
Hi
Thanks all for your advice and support. I’m glad to say after 11 hours looking for the drone I have eventually found it- persistence pays!!
Now to get a gps tracker fitted!!
I am disappointed I still didn’t have any response from autel customer services.
Cheers
Matt

Excellent news, that is so wonderful. So happy for you.

I lost a Parrot Anafi in the winter. Could not find it as the snow was 4 feet deep. Came back in the spring time 3 months later and found it up in a tree so I know the feeling of losing and also finding your investment.

Terrific news! Brings us a smile ear to ear, persistence pays off ?

Definitely invest in a tracker, I use Trackimo the Guardian 3G model. Other types out there, be careful it isn’t magnetic. These tend to mess up compass or other calibration issues.

Congratulations!
Paul

6AA23D2E-9332-412E-99EA-E7499FF877F3.jpeg

Thanks all!
I am unsure about something though and think it may be a software issue. The reason I couldn’t find my drone on Wednesday was due to the lack of the drone`s last flight data. Now I have tested the drone the data has been recorded from the last flight before I lost it. If the flight data was accessible for the last flight I wouldn’t`t have spent 11 hours searching.

I have noted the last flight taken today also has no flight data, actually it is the same data as the last flight 56seconds flight 9m. Is this a default for the last flight and uploads once the next flight is taken? If so, do I have an issue with gps and location finding as this seems an odd set up not to record the last flight.

All other functions are working correctly and amazed after the rain we`ve had in London it wasn`t water logged/damaged.

GPS tracker is my next investment!
Matt

What a relief, I have to admit your story stress me just reading all of it. As for more insurance a tracker or alike would make things easier if it happens again.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials