Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Enterprise V2 Smart Controller Noise

One of my Evo 2 Enterprise V2 Smart Controllers is making a horrendous noise. I am not sure if the hard drive or fan is going bad. I copied an audio file to the Dropbox Folder below (see link).

Thoughts?

Sounds like fan noise to me. Have you tried using a vac or air to clean it out? I found this video that might help should it need to be repaired.

Keep in mind this is a smart controller vs standard controller. How do you clean out a smart controller?
I would use compressed air through the fan vent holes. If that doesn't help you may need to send it in for repair

I have a V1 Smart Controller, it made a similar noise, but when shaking the controller the sound would sometimes disappear for a while. I concluded the cause was a loose internal component, for example a cable that touches a spinning fan, or the fan itself was loose or broken. I sent it in for repair. It took a few months to be acknowledged as warranty issue and several weeks to be shipped back and forth, in total almost a year. The same unit came back and never made any such noises again. I never got to know what the cause really was, or what part needed to be fixed.

By the way. I bought my Smart Controller unit in the USA, so first Autel told me to send it to China for warranty, I refused this because this will cause import duty to be paid upon receiving it back. Thereafter they came up with a partner company in Germany that does repairs. I was in Europe at that time so that made more sense. Problem solved, just some time lost.

for the record: the other thread on this forum about it can be found here

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo