Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 and new EU rules?

alex_markov

Reaction score
EU introduces new rules from 2021 and everyone needs to be licensed and all drones need to be registered (unless toy ;) ) - my problem is the new EU classification (C0-C6) has no idea where EVO 2 is feating correctly (my guess is C2-C3?)
Is anyone can help?

What do those C numbers mean?

Surely all current drones are now legacy drones? Nobody has made any class-marked drones yet?
Agree! but they want us to register our devices and ask for a class??? Anyhow I'll stop till it clear ;)

FALSE.
Alex, you can still fly normally until 2023 by following the new flight rules without worrying about this class thing. The classes will not come into force until 2023 with the new products (be careful, the classes will not be retroactive compared to the old drones since the class must be engraved on the device and the manufacturers are not obliged to mark this class. on the device, it will be at their discretion). Second thing, the device and the pilot must be registered. Pilot registration after a successful exam with a number as both pro and recreational pilot. Registration of the device also with an identification number. In fact, on the drone, I have to put two numbers. The registration number of my country (France) plus the European number. To this is added the issue number of the identification tag (mandatory for the drone over 800gr) that I am obliged to put on the drone. Let's say that roughly, we still have two years to be able to fly "normally".

EU introduces new rules from 2021 and everyone needs to be licensed and all drones need to be registered (unless toy ;) ) - my problem is the new EU classification (C0-C6) has no idea where EVO 2 is feating correctly (my guess is C2-C3?)
Is anyone can help?

Easy. Use C2

Rules and restrictions for not (yet) categorised drones see A2 !

Reactions: alex_markov
FALSE.
Alex, you can still fly normally until 2023 by following the new flight rules without worrying about this class thing. The classes will not come into force until 2023 with the new products (be careful, the classes will not be retroactive compared to the old drones since the class must be engraved on the device and the manufacturers are not obliged to mark this class. on the device, it will be at their discretion). Second thing, the device and the pilot must be registered. Pilot registration after a successful exam with a number as both pro and recreational pilot. Registration of the device also with an identification number. In fact, on the drone, I have to put two numbers. The registration number of my country (France) plus the European number. To this is added the issue number of the identification tag (mandatory for the drone over 800gr) that I am obliged to put on the drone. Let's say that roughly, we still have two years to be able to fly "normally".
Normally for me excludes VLOS as I am looking only on my screen and never look at the drone (except in caves)...
But You are right if they continue as planned 2023 I'll have a different hoby

You can fly Your Evo II till 31 dec 2022 but You must fly with rules from EASA. See attached file or go to "EASA.europa.eu." >domains>civil drones and You will find the whole packet.
My concern is the time after 31 dec 2022 because my Evo II is only 6 month old and I really hope that it will have a much longer lifetime. So my hope is that it will be possible to upgrade it and get a c-class, which will let me fly it as I do now, for several years.

Sorry I forgot the files, here they come.

Attachments

• Transition rules.png
    Transition rules.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Timeline.png
    Timeline.png
    681.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Old drone after 2021jan.png
    Old drone after 2021jan.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 20

Latest threads

Members online