Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Enterprise 6K and Standard Remote Bad Combo

atortaloha

Reaction score
So I purchased a Enterprise 6K back in December from Advexure and they were nice enough to bundle it with the standard remote for me since I was not wanting the smart controller. This I did not think was an issue but am now later realizing is a BIG one and really have had nothing but issues and problems the entire time. The drone disconnects constantly and returns to home and basically have little control leaving me unable to fly with any peace of mind or confidence. The Enterprise firmware is intended for the smart controller I am now finding out and Autel basically informed me Advexure was not to break this bundle apart and apparently told them not to do this again. But it seems even since they did and I was left with an Enterprise and standard remote it just is not a combo meant to be flown together. I have owned 2 standard evo 2 pro 6K's and no issues. This Enterprise Combo has been problematic since day 1 with this remote at least. It seems most flying with a SC have had no issues and love theirs so there is that reality I have been hearing on FB groups at least.

I was on a decent job after this got back from Autel Service on Saturday working alongside a fire department with their own drone team and was really almost embarrassing having this Enterprise act up and just become unresponsive and fly back with me not even knowing why or what it was doing. There was thousands of people there and could not risk figuring this out there so used a Lite+ to get the job done.

Anyone out there using a Enterprise with a standard remote or even attempt to on occasion and what were your experiences? I guess Autel is contacting an Advexure supervisor to try to sort this and get me another model in my hands since nobody knew this was going to happen. I literally have a drone that I can't use.

An example of another disconnect from the weekend.

Reactions: edgardcafe
So I purchased a Enterprise 6K back in December from Advexure and they were nice enough to bundle it with the standard remote for me since I was not wanting the smart controller. This I did not think was an issue but am now later realizing is a BIG one and really have had nothing but issues and problems the entire time. The drone disconnects constantly and returns to home and basically have little control leaving me unable to fly with any peace of mind or confidence. The Enterprise firmware is intended for the smart controller I am now finding out and Autel basically informed me Advexure was not to break this bundle apart and apparently told them not to do this again. But it seems even since they did and I was left with an Enterprise and standard remote it just is not a combo meant to be flown together. I have owned 2 standard evo 2 pro 6K's and no issues. This Enterprise Combo has been problematic since day 1 with this remote at least. It seems most flying with a SC have had no issues and love theirs so there is that reality I have been hearing on FB groups at least.

I was on a decent job after this got back from Autel Service on Saturday working alongside a fire department with their own drone team and was really almost embarrassing having this Enterprise act up and just become unresponsive and fly back with me not even knowing why or what it was doing. There was thousands of people there and could not risk figuring this out there so used a Lite+ to get the job done.

Anyone out there using a Enterprise with a standard remote or even attempt to on occasion and what were your experiences? I guess Autel is contacting an Advexure supervisor to try to sort this and get me another model in my hands since nobody knew this was going to happen. I literally have a drone that I can't use.

An example of another disconnect from the weekend.

I don't understand your want to use a phone vs a Smart Controler in a professional setting? Seems like a big downgrade on the face of it, not only in the ease of use, but the overall impression it gives.

What's your reasoning around using a standard controller instead of the Smart Controller?
Also, speaking purely from a functionality point of view just the bigger screen alone is enough of a reason to choose the Smart Controller.

Please explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't like the sticks being so far apart, and touch screen was not as responsive as he would prefer. I agree it takes adapting to, but we had to adapt to controllers in general at some point, right?

To the op: I still will trade you the world's most obsessively cared for Evo 2 Pro standard model. I do use the Smart Controller and the Enterprise Version was almost in reach back in November. The problem was Drone Works was hitting me up for $500 swap on a Drone that had 3 flights at the time, plus the $150 more that Enterprise was over my 6K Rugged Kit with 2 extra batteries and Smart Controller.

Let me know. Straight trade, or I can through in a few bucks..I have a full set of everything for mine. The Aircraft, Case, & spare props are all I need. attachments (strobe/speaker/Light) optional, not a big deal.

PM if you want to discuss.

The Enterprise firmware is intended for the smart controller I am now finding out

Hi atort, can you confirm whether or not you loaded the Enterprise firmware onto your drone, as opposed to the regular v2 firmware?

Hi atort, can you confirm whether or not you loaded the Enterprise firmware onto your drone, as opposed to the regular v2 firmware?
All I know now is Ken Booth helped me with the previous firmware and knew my situation and had issues and then it went into Autel and they looked and reinstalled everything apparently and still having issues. It just seems to not like being flown with the standard remote and shouldn't be the case but seems like it is.

He doesn't like the sticks being so far apart, and touch screen was not as responsive as he would prefer. I agree it takes adapting to, but we had to adapt to controllers in general at some point, right?

To the op: I still will trade you the world's most obsessively cared for Evo 2 Pro standard model. I do use the Smart Controller and the Enterprise Version was almost in reach back in November. The problem was Drone Works was hitting me up for $500 swap on a Drone that had 3 flights at the time, plus the $150 more that Enterprise was over my 6K Rugged Kit with 2 extra batteries and Smart Controller.

Let me know. Straight trade, or I can through in a few bucks..I have a full set of everything for mine. The Aircraft, Case, & spare props are all I need. attachments (strobe/speaker/Light) optional, not a big deal.

PM if you want to discuss.
I replied to your message so let respond if still interested in discussing.

I don't understand your want to use a phone vs a Smart Controler in a professional setting? Seems like a big downgrade on the face of it, not only in the ease of use, but the overall impression it gives.

What's your reasoning around using a standard controller instead of the Smart Controller?
Also, speaking purely from a functionality point of view just the bigger screen alone is enough of a reason to choose the Smart Controller.

Please explain.
The overall impression for me is the footage I deliver and that is going to be my best with the standard remote. The SC is too heavy for my liking and just don't like the sticks that far apart and then have to go back to all my other drones like Inspire 2's and more with normal stick placement. I also have never been a fan of smart controllers personally because of Android which I don't enjoy and the fact there is no connectivity to cellular data so quickly transferring images and video clips takes me that much longer to get onto my iPhone to edit and get out there for on the fly stuff to show clients. That's pretty much it. Ideally Autel makes a smaller SC one day more like DJI.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials