Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Engines died and I'm returning my second Lite+

DARKSeifer

Reaction score
So after about 160-200 flight hours of flight time, the engines do strange things and don't keep the RPM. You start the motors and some start and some fail/retry for several attempts.
If you manage to start the 4 you can fly normally, but if they don't start and you press up the drone will just bump around on the ground.

It all started about two weeks ago, on the rear left motor, but now happens on the four motors.
This was my second Lite+ unit, the one wich I've been unable to update no matter what and is stuck with the previous firmware, but it was still usable. The first one didn't even fly, was dead out of the box with the gimbal hanging there without moving.

I'll just fly my old Mini 2 till I decide what to pick up next:
  • Picking a third Autel Evo Lite +? Sounds like a joke.
  • <250g alternatives aren't any better than my old Mini 2.
  • I already sold my Air2S before buying the first Lite+ because I didn't feel confident with it.
  • Mavic 3 seems fine, but Aeroscope.
  • DJI FPV seems fun, but it's probably going to be replaced soon and Aeroscope.
  • Autel drones seemed fine, but the failure rate and lack of feedback and regular updates (wandering gimball still an issue) show the company doesn't care about their products/customers.
  • Evo III doesn't seem anywhere close.
  • Parrot is stuck with its old Anafi.
  • Skydio doesn't sell in my country.
  • Hubsan only does <250g stuff

Idk, maybe it's time to build my own DIY drone.

Sorry to hear that. What about an Evo II Pro? Some months ago I was planning to sell my Evo II Pro and get an Evo Lite. Fortunately I didn't do it and I'm quite happy with my Evo II Pro.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
The Evo II isn't available in Amazon in my country, only Lite+ and Nano+, maybe when the Evo III comes out I'm coming back to Autel to get rid of the Aeroscope, but I prefer to buy cameras, drones, PC parts, etc from Amazon because the warranty works well, while on other sellers you never know.

I purchased the Mavic 3, which is only 70€ more expensive than the Lite+ Fly more combo I've returned and an extra battery, so not a big difference in price with my previous setup. With the Air2S I flew three batteries in a row, but with the increased flight time of the Lite+ I found myself only flying two batts in a row, I think the same will apply for the M3 so no need to spend more money with the overpriced M3 Fly More combo; just the drone and an extra batt is enough and keeps the price "low".

I'm not a big fan of DJI, but given the options and the fact that I need a flying camera both for hobby and professionally as a photographer I'll just stick to the M3 for a while and keep an eye on viable alternatives. I liked the Lite+ but failure rate and lack of updates/feedback is not on pair with such an expensive piece of equipment.

So after about 160-200 flight hours of flight time, the engines do strange things and don't keep the RPM. You start the motors and some start and some fail/retry for several attempts.
If you manage to start the 4 you can fly normally, but if they don't start and you press up the drone will just bump around on the ground.

It all started about two weeks ago, on the rear left motor, but now happens on the four motors.
This was my second Lite+ unit, the one wich I've been unable to update no matter what and is stuck with the previous firmware, but it was still usable. The first one didn't even fly, was dead out of the box with the gimbal hanging there without moving.

• I already sold my Air2S before buying the first Lite+ because I didn't feel confident with it.
  • Autel drones seemed fine, but the failure rate and lack of feedback and regular updates (wandering gimball still an issue) show the company doesn't care about their products/customers.

Idk, maybe it's time to build my own DIY drone.FUN FACT :
FUN FACT: ENGINES are Combustible and MOTORS are Electrical.

FUN FACT: ENGINES are Combustible and MOTORS are Electrical.
I still misspell sometimes.

In my two native languages "motor" is used to name any device that turns any source of energy into mechanical energy and both engine/motor translate the same. You can specify the source of energy, but in general is just redundant.

Reactions: Mavic Rick
I still misspell sometimes.

In my two native languages "motor" is used to name any device that turns any source of energy into mechanical energy and both engine/motor translate the same. You can specify the source of energy, but in general is just redundant.
People use both interchangeably, but the difference is that motors run on electricity and engines run on combustion. The engine converts various forms of fuels into mechanical force, while the motor transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy.”

Reactions: OldBlueHeron

I also had motor failure after 10 weeks from new. Got to be honest - even though I got a replacement, I have little confidence in the component quality of Autel drones. After a really promising start with the EVO 1 and the EVO 2v.1: Autel haven't just fumbled the ball: they've firebombed the stadium and pepper-sprayed the fans.

Don't knock the Anafi: it's over four years old now and still knocks the socks off most new consumer class drones for camera versatility and quality (21mp/180 degree arc of pitch).

I too really dislike DJI and their "you VILL comply" geofencing/Aeroscope/ UUID dictatorship, but Autel will have to start applying this to their current and future product lines if they want to continue selling their products both sides of the Atlantic.

Skydio, technically amazing as they may be: are just floating selfie-sticks.

I think all of us who like the freedom to use a drone responsibly as an aerial tripod/SteadiCam are screwed whether we like it or not. As soon as the commercial operators get the licenses to operate in the sub 120metre airspace - we're even more screwed.

The do have the Ace Pro but I can't say I'd recommend it. I've got the EXO US version (Blackhawk 2 Pro) and the first one fell out of the sky at about 20 flights. The camera on it is great and there are many features in the app I wish the Lite+ has, but I just don't think it's going to be any more reliable than Autel.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials