Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EHang drone takes passengers sightseeing over China

Bet it takes longer than an hour to charge it.....

LOL Ya but it can't be worse then any electric cars that's out these days.
Being electric it really would not bother me but having no pilot does. One magnetic interference and you could find yourself flying over the ocean to never never land.

Being electric it really would not bother me but having no pilot does. One magnetic interference and you could find yourself flying over the ocean to never never land.
Until the juice ran out. Then you'd be getting a saltwater bath....

Wonder if they have automatic 'return to home'???? :D

Actually, you can take control if needed... that is assuming you know how to fly it! ;-) This version I had not seen before.... they were X-8's before and all the shows I saw it at... now a "Octo-16?!" I can understand why too.... much better redundancy than X-8.

I also thought these were supposed to be already doing taxi work in Dubai, but then heard that was cancelled.... maybe this new version will do the job?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Me, I'm not at all pro electric vehicle but I kicked around buying a Prius and adding a set of Tweco disconnects in the trunk and having a portable welding service without having to tote around my engine driven welder. Plenty enuugh amperage for SMAW welding Probably could run an inverter TIG machine too.

Reactions: drrags
I always hate when my kid gets a hold of my TIG machine. Just a small shop unit but my hydro bill goes up and he keeps tripping my breakers LOL He needs practice :) As long as he is having fun I don't care. Some day he can fix everything around here and I can just sit back and watch. :)

I always heard Canadian power was expensive. I have a Lincoln Invertig with a water cooled torch, like the Evo, not a kids toy. Have a Hypertherm 65 amp plasma computerized cutter and a a cnc plasma table. I'm into metal, not really plastic and I'm terrible with wood.

Most of the products I sell for Triumph motorcycles, if welding is involved, I use my ESAB pulsed MIG. I get Tig quality welds in appearance and penetration with the speed of a MIG. Pretty neat machine. 030 solid wire and 75-25 shielding gas.

Unlike TIG, it don't work well with thin material or alloys but for mild steel and speed, it's hard to beat.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain