Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO III "Leaks" over at DroneDJ.com

Your complaints are rather naïve and make little sense.
Are you not aware of the difficulties related to the microprocessors production and availability that are creating serious difficulties for the entire electronics industry at a planetary level?
Do you know how many industries on Earth are actually in difficulty and late with their hardware and software projects and implementations due to this problem (mainly derived from the pandemic) which acts like a domino for many, if not for all?!

Are you not aware of the difficulties related to the microprocessors production and availability that are creating serious difficulties for the entire electronics industry at a planetary level?
Do you know how many industries on Earth are actually in difficulty and late with their hardware and software projects and implementations due to this problem (mainly derived from the pandemic) which acts like a domino for many, if not for all?!

Autel definitely has flaws...but there is a single sole reason why I will never buy another DJI product unless there is nothing else to pick from....geofencing. All the tech in the world doesn't matter if geofencing prevents you from ever leaving the ground. A geofencing bug forced my Mavic into the ocean 5' from the shore; it was the first drone I've lost since starting this part of my business in 2014 and it will be the last that I lose to geofencing if at all possible.

Where I live there is controlled airspace literally everywhere, I use the LAANC system religiously and apply for waivers in other situations; there's no way I will trust another drone with enforced geofencing in any situation.
Don't worry, by the future demand from governments, Autel will come there, Besides, the Geofence base is already in the drone, Autel just have to activate it software.
Everyone sees noon at their own door. I have been flying on Dji since 2014, I have never been blocked by a geofence and I have never been forced to land (which DJI does not do, contrary to what you say. It prevents taking off but does not force landing.

I had a preordered Evo 2 Pro V2 with the SC v2 for $3k, but I canceled it and preordered the Enterprise 6k that comes with the SC for $3750 I think it is a much better deal because come with 2 extras batteries/ case that fits perfectly SC and enterprise accessories. But now I'm with little doubt because everybody is talking about Evo 3. So, Enterprise or Evo 3? 🤔

Since the first drone Autel produced they have had delays long before the microchips had shortages. They announce new products and then sit on their hands for months before delivery.

• Sad
Reactions: edgardcafe
I for one would love to see a 4/3rd option that's not a DJI product. Better image quality is something I'm always excited about.

Regarding the Autel Evo II, I've been very happy with it. I still have the horizon issue, but can adjust when in the air (or in post). Otherwise, I fly completely manual as I trust my hands-on approach more than I trust the presets. I have a friend who uses a DJI product and it got stuck in orbit mode. He had to take it down as low as he could and crash it into a bush to get it to stop. I've never had an issue with the EVO II Pro ignoring my manual commands.

Hopefully the camera improvements are true!

Autel's primary business is making multiple iterations of automotive diagnostic scanners. They seem to have the resources to also plow money into drone R&D and develop multiple iterations of prototypes. Which of these goes into production and at what scale might be gauged by how viral the leaks become. It surely seemed that way with the Smart Contoller V1 ("leaked" within hours of the DJI Air IIs launch, for what it's worth. Design hadn't even been submitted to the FCC at that point... but the V2 Evo II had been!)

A 4/3'ds sensor in native 4K wouldn't have any greater processing needs than the 6K Pro or the 8K cameras have now. The bigger pixel pitch would make it a video light gathering monster. Bonus points for an 9-bladed aperture and low-dispersion nano particle multicoated coated lens that doesn't flare are readily as the 6K Pro.

Reactions: Andrew01
I had a preordered Evo 2 Pro V2 with the SC v2 for $3k, but I canceled it and preordered the Enterprise 6k that comes with the SC for $3750 I think it is a much better deal because come with 2 extras batteries/ case that fits perfectly SC and enterprise accessories. But now I'm with little doubt because everybody is talking about Evo 3. So, Enterprise or Evo 3? 🤔
Were you told that your Pro Enterprise includes 2 extra batteries, or 2 total?

It would've made more sense if they kept all the kits the same, other than the payloads.

Sorry if I was the bearer of bad news! :( At least you have a few from your other Evo II though, right?
Yes, I do have 2 batteries from my Evo 2, although I may sell my Evo 2, still thinking what will do with it and If is really true that Autel will soon release an Evo 3, it make me doubt about my Enterprise 6k preorder.. I guess I should wait little more, which is frustrating, and decide between Enterprise or Evo 3🙄. Although I think it doesn’t make any sense because Autel just released the Enterprise version and now Evo 3 🤔🤔 ??.. just make me confused

Yes, I do have 2 batteries from my Evo 2, although I may sell my Evo 2, still thinking what will do with it and If is really true that Autel will soon release an Evo 3, it make me doubt about my Enterprise 6k preorder.. I guess I should wait little more, which is frustrating, and decide between Enterprise or Evo 3🙄. Although I think it doesn’t make any sense because Autel just released the Enterprise version and now Evo 3 🤔🤔 ??.. just make me confused
There are a couple of likely scenarios going forward. One is that the EVO 3 is still vaporware and the "leak" is just a ploy to stay on the consumer's radar when the DJI Mavic 3 hits the market or even an outright fiction someone mocked up on their computer. EVO 3 could be quite a bit further away..... the introduction of EVO 2 V2 and EVO 2 Enterprise points at that being a very good possibility.

A second possible scenario is that the EVO II Enterprise continues on even when the EVO 3 is released. If the "leaked" design is accurate, an Enterprise version of the EVO 3 would have to differ greatly than the prosumer model, as the fisheye style omnidirectional sensors would be blocked by the payloads that the current Enterprise model carries. This would mean more time and development for any model supporting big industry.

Reactions: edgardcafe
There are a couple of likely scenarios going forward. One is that the EVO 3 is still vaporware and the "leak" is just a ploy to stay on the consumer's radar when the DJI Mavic 3 hits the market or even an outright fiction someone mocked up on their computer. EVO 3 could be quite a bit further away..... the introduction of EVO 2 V2 and EVO 2 Enterprise points at that being a very good possibility.

A second possible scenario is that the EVO II Enterprise continues on even when the EVO 3 is released. If the "leaked" design is accurate, an Enterprise version of the EVO 3 would have to differ greatly than the prosumer model, as the fisheye style omnidirectional sensors would be blocked by the payloads that the current Enterprise model carries. This would mean more time and development for any model supporting big industry.
I also thought that someone just mocked a picture and posted on Facebook group just to laugh about Autel’s fans!

Hi, I understood from AUTEL the only thing to change for the next model, call it 3 If you want was to be able to take the new processor chip as the present ones were impossible to get hold of, the CEO did say nothing else would be changing, it would just be an EVO2 / New chip... true or not I dont know but I watched him say it. Cheers

Autel definitely has flaws...but there is a single sole reason why I will never buy another DJI product unless there is nothing else to pick from....geofencing. All the tech in the world doesn't matter if geofencing prevents you from ever leaving the ground. A geofencing bug forced my Mavic into the ocean 5' from the shore; it was the first drone I've lost since starting this part of my business in 2014 and it will be the last that I lose to geofencing if at all possible.

Where I live there is controlled airspace literally everywhere, I use the LAANC system religiously and apply for waivers in other situations; there's no way I will trust another drone with enforced geofencing in any situation.

That was my thinking for the longest time but given all of Autel's issues combined with the fact Autel updates include geofencing capability a hacked DJi is looking a lot more enticing!

Reactions: Felix the Cat
Don't worry, by the future demand from governments, Autel will come there, Besides, the Geofence base is already in the drone, Autel just have to activate it software.
Everyone sees noon at their own door. I have been flying on Dji since 2014, I have never been blocked by a geofence and I have never been forced to land (which DJI does not do, contrary to what you say. It prevents taking off but does not force landing.
That’s complete nonsense.. DJI drones do force landings and have caught many people with their pants down. Especially when DJI activates a TFR when they have no rights to do so?

How do I know so much about DJI and their geo fencing? well let’s just say I worked for them for many years and actually was one of four people with the authority to unlock craft .

This is a huge newsday for Autel. Either they have some great things in the works for the near future or there is a carefully orchestrated prank underway. I find the sheer number of models "leaked" to be suspicious.... two models of Autel Minis, two models of Autel EVO Lites, and four models of EVO 3 seems to be an unlikely scenario.

The fisheye Obstacle Avoidance makes sense as it has a proven track record on the Skydio 2. It allows for a much wider view from the sensor and a result, less sensors needed to get the job done.

Autel EVO III leak reveals specs, appearance. Release before Mavic 3? - DroneDJ.com
A prank

From their CES 2022 teaser that was just emailed out:

"At CES 2020, we brought you the EVO II. At CES 2021, we unveiled the EVO II RTK. What innovations will this year bring?”

"Drop by our exhibit any time to get an exclusive look at the cutting-edge tech Autel is rolling out for consumer and enterprise sectors alike."

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials