Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dynamic Track for Nano+

There are some Youtube videos out showing a trick how to enable that tracking function (and night mode) on the current app already (only for iOS it seems though) - does not look too bad so far...

I don't want to dismiss the concerns about the delay in releasing this feature, especially when the marketing department used it already in marketing materials (even though they did put some fine print). This is not good business practices at all... but... I suspect only 10% of the buyers will use Dynamic Track very often.. I know I may try it once or twice then never need it again lol. I have/had many many DJI droned with tracking and NEVER used it in any meaningful way and I cannot be the only one. Heck, I have almost never used the "quick shots" either..

Again, what they have done is bad business and frustration is understandable but what proportion of the user base are dynamic track users?
Would we feel better about the situation if they released a statement saying they 'apologize and want to ensure the feature meets their high standards so are taking the extra time needed before releasing'... would that make a difference?
... Perhaps Autel have caught a dose of the arrogance towards their customers that DJI seems to be expert in. Like a lot of people who have posted comments, I've tried to engage with the Autel Robotics U.S. "customer support" and failed miserably. I still have that nagging feeling that the boffins are trying to pour a quart into a pint pot with the Nano's. Small board - small main and GPU chipsets - minimal RAM. Fair enough: DJI have actually shoehorned active-track and autonomous flight modes into the Mini3 Pro: but have you seen how hot it runs? Maybe the candle that burns twice as bright only burns half as long...

Agreed still feels like the Nano+ is in Beta in many aspects of the software stack. Its a low as Autel IMO has the tech to compete with DJI , just no the recipe for success in the Robotic Air market.

- No Active Track
- No KeyFrame flight mode
- Poor Wind resistance
- RTH fails when it encounters objects in its path( it does not know how to just go around or over)
- Battery Metrics are Skewed and as the initial Bat waring does not allow for Safe return, just wont make it back
- No way to cancel the Critical Bat Failsafe which can lead to a unsafe landing .
- Critical SW/Hardware Faults where the FC restarts in Mid Air (yes this leads to crash) , its been reported on their facebook and also here on the forum.
- No Automated flights
- No optional extended battery (this would give use 33+ flight time)
A Nano+ "battery+" would be useless to any of us in the European continent - we'd never be able to buy it - the DJI Battery+ can't be bought by Brit or Euro consumers because it puts the bird over the C0 category weight of 250 grams.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller