Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dynamic Track for Nano+

Nano+eh

Reaction score
One of the big reasons I bought this Nano+ was on the promise of Dynamic Track. So here I am had it since January and still no update. Considering the DJI Mini 3 is shipping now with stellar active track and numerous You Tube videos of how great it is, I have really lost patience with Autel on hanging us out to dry on this feature. Numerous service calls and email requests go unanswered. I gather influencers have a beta version but nothing for a user like me. Shame on you Autel! I'm really feeling ripped off right now!

One of the big reasons I bought this Nano+ was on the promise of Dynamic Track. So here I am had it since January and still no update. Considering the DJI Mini 3 is shipping now with stellar active track and numerous You Tube videos of how great it is, I have really lost patience with Autel on hanging us out to dry on this feature. Numerous service calls and email requests go unanswered. I gather influencers have a beta version but nothing for a user like me. Shame on you Autel! I'm really feeling ripped off right now!
That's how most of us are, waiting, luckily the latest firmware is quite solid, they just need to put the dynamic track into operation and polish small bugs.

Reactions: Felix the Cat
I hope Autel doesn't abandon the development of this evo nano to release a bug-free and polished evo nano 2 to compete with the mini3. We are already reaching half life

Reactions: DaCurcO
Agreed still feels like the Nano+ is in Beta in many aspects of the software stack. Its a low as Autel IMO has the tech to compete with DJI , just no the recipe for success in the Robotic Air market.

- No Active Track
- No KeyFrame flight mode
- Poor Wind resistance
- RTH fails when it encounters objects in its path( it does not know how to just go around or over)
- Battery Metrics are Skewed and as the initial Bat waring does not allow for Safe return, just wont make it back
- No way to cancel the Critical Bat Failsafe which can lead to a unsafe landing .
- Critical SW/Hardware Faults where the FC restarts in Mid Air (yes this leads to crash) , its been reported on their facebook and also here on the forum.
- No Automated flights
- No optional extended battery (this would give use 33+ flight time)

That's how most of us are, waiting, luckily the latest firmware is quite solid, they just need to put the dynamic track into operation and polish small bugs.
I'm in the same situation. I bought this drone in november/2021 imaginating that on June I could to do a ride bike (320 km) with this drone using function follow me for making a video, but until now, nothing. I'm very disapointed. Call center is very slow to give you an answer. I don't have an idea when this function will ready to give us. One week, month, year or never...

I'm in the same situation. I bought this drone in november/2021 imaginating that on June I could to do a ride bike (320 km) with this drone using function follow me for making a video, but until now, nothing. I'm very disapointed. Call center is very slow to give you an answer. I don't have an idea when this function will ready to give us. One week, month, year or never...
For months I have been complaining because we still don't have this function sold when the Drone was announced! Some dare to tell me that it was not planned for release ..... when it is one of the reasons why I bought it.
6 months later, nothing and no news from Autel, they have a communication department?? Really not serious!

For months I have been complaining because we still don't have this function sold when the Drone was announced! Some dare to tell me that it was not planned for release ..... when it is one of the reasons why I bought it.
6 months later, nothing and no news from Autel, they have a communication department?? Really not serious!
If Autel does not resolve this issue soon, making every effort to achieve it, it will no longer sell drones in this range of consumers. DJI has already released a model with a very robust Active Track. It is not enough now just to launch an Active Track. It has to come with possibilities to orbit as we move, key frames and more smart flight options. I really don't know what went through Autel's mind when they launched the product announcing that it had active track function and that later we learned that it is still under development. This is misleading the consumer. This situation is terrible. I only bought this drone because it is small and had the sensors. Otherwise, I would spend much less money and stay with equivalent models from DJI. I am very dissatisfied!

I don't want to dismiss the concerns about the delay in releasing this feature, especially when the marketing department used it already in marketing materials (even though they did put some fine print). This is not good business practices at all... but... I suspect only 10% of the buyers will use Dynamic Track very often.. I know I may try it once or twice then never need it again lol. I have/had many many DJI droned with tracking and NEVER used it in any meaningful way and I cannot be the only one. Heck, I have almost never used the "quick shots" either..

Again, what they have done is bad business and frustration is understandable but what proportion of the user base are dynamic track users?
Would we feel better about the situation if they released a statement saying they 'apologize and want to ensure the feature meets their high standards so are taking the extra time needed before releasing'... would that make a difference?

Of course not many people will use this feature often, but it was part of the package and we paid for it.
We add to this the non-responses of Autel and the non-communication, many have lost patience....

Yeah, they should have just left it out of the feature list when launched. Then add it later when ready and give people a surprise...
It is always better to "Under-promise and over-deliver"

Reactions: RTTX and Sdeups
Just as disappointed and unhappy, I sold the Nano+ and took the Mini 3 pro!
Good choice.
I did exactly the same...I am sorry for Nano+ camera, that was a very good camera compared to Mini 3 Pro, but what usage have a good camera on a shitty drone? None...
Autel had a great chance to enter in real competition....instead, they showed again they are not ready, not with service, not with programming, not with how they lack transparency.

I am sure that if they were more transparent to users and keep each 2 weeks some update on site or FB with: "we have done this, is following that, we work at that, give us ideas related to this...", their customers would accept without hesitations the massive delays in providing the fixes for software.
Unfortunately Autel have also a chinese HQ, and their habits are the same as China: keep silence and don't say anything.
So no wonder that will be a crush in sales for new drones...as all dealers here have it on stock and already try 10-20% discounts only to sell it.
On the other hand, their best drone Evo2PRO, that is still the flagship of drones from today, is not manufactured in enough quantities and the problems with V2 are not fixed (bugs in software)... So their management is suffering a lack of vision as usual....

Reactions: Sdeups
If Autel does not resolve this issue soon, making every effort to achieve it, it will no longer sell drones in this range of consumers. DJI has already released a model with a very robust Active Track. It is not enough now just to launch an Active Track. It has to come with possibilities to orbit as we move, key frames and more smart flight options. I really don't know what went through Autel's mind when they launched the product announcing that it had active track function and that later we learned that it is still under development. This is misleading the consumer. This situation is terrible. I only bought this drone because it is small and had the sensors. Otherwise, I would spend much less money and stay with equivalent models from DJI. I am very dissatisfied!
Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling this way. Has anybody seen anything about a class action suit? Seems deceptive that influencers have tracking, numerous ads mention tracking but we don't get it?

Edit: Looking at terms of service here seems to be a no class action clause but I'm looking into if that is valid for this type of situation.

Last edited:
considering that the identification of people and objects in the automatic modes that already exist is very bad, I imagine that tracking will be very problematic (if it is actually released)

I think that sales of Nano and Lite is going down. I can see it on my group of users that interest has declined. Frustration grows. In my case I want to get rid of the nano due to numerous bugs and problems with this drone and other malfunctioning option. The camera is not everything.

It would be nice if we’d see a firmware update for either drone. Feel like we’ve been left out to dry here.

Reactions: trontar and DaCurcO
I had hoped they would be Johnny on the Spot with firmware updates, as they are the least labor intensive way to improve their public image and end user experience, but sadly no.
DJI has continually surpassed them by regularly updating their firmware to fix issues consumers have with their products (Mini3, RC, etc.).

So even though I believe the camera is better on the Autel Nano Plus, the overall experience is more frustrating. Autel's silence on the issues just confirms their lack of understanding of their clients' priorities and needs. I purchased the Nano+ because I wanted to give a leg up to the underdog, knowing there would be some teething issues, but I shouldn't be this aggravated 9 months after purchase with the same frustrating quirks that EVERYONE has complained about since before I purchased it.

What Autel needs to do is a "Sweep the Leg" move. Release an update that completely floors DJI.

They need to just give us a firmware update that adds everything they promised plus---Full mapping and surveying capabilities of their Evo 2 Pro...FOR THE NANO PLUS!!!!
Then give us the option of flying our Nanos using their professional controller or a new, smaller one with a screen and full Android capabilities, a better radio range, fully encrypted communication, and full mapping integration with all of the major drone management companies.

Their products would fly off the shelves! There is no reason why one needs RTK and thermal (although it is nice to have) to do every visual survey of buildings, construction sites and towers when you already have a good 4k camera. Just give us some automated scanning options and we can get 90% there with what we have. Then send a more expensive drone to evaluate the problem areas identified by visual inspections or for the milimeter-accurate scans.

That will give them tones of breathing room to polish and refine the Evo 3 Pro to spank the Mavic 3 and M30.

I know I am preaching to the choir, here, but Autel needs to do what Sony did in the 2000s to every other video camera manufacturer, in one fell swoop, with the release of the VX3000 miniDV camcorder and the DSR PD-150. They stole the ENTIRE entry level, documentary and single camera journalism video production from all the other big players with that release. It had quirks you had to work around but it worked and gave us a piece of gear that for $6000 would do 95% of what only a $30,000 camera would do the night before. Even though it cannibalized a few of their higher-end camera sales, they made millions!!!

Autel could do the same, but I am not sure they have the guts to do it.

I had hoped they would be Johnny on the Spot with firmware updates, as they are the least labor intensive way to improve their public image and end user experience, but sadly no.
DJI has continually surpassed them by regularly updating their firmware to fix issues consumers have with their products (Mini3, RC, etc.).

So even though I believe the camera is better on the Autel Nano Plus, the overall experience is more frustrating. Autel's silence on the issues just confirms their lack of understanding of their clients' priorities and needs. I purchased the Nano+ because I wanted to give a leg up to the underdog, knowing there would be some teething issues, but I shouldn't be this aggravated 9 months after purchase with the same frustrating quirks that EVERYONE has complained about since before I purchased it.

What Autel needs to do is a "Sweep the Leg" move. Release an update that completely floors DJI.

They need to just give us a firmware update that adds everything they promised plus---Full mapping and surveying capabilities of their Evo 2 Pro...FOR THE NANO PLUS!!!!
Then give us the option of flying our Nanos using their professional controller or a new, smaller one with a screen and full Android capabilities, a better radio range, fully encrypted communication, and full mapping integration with all of the major drone management companies.

Their products would fly off the shelves! There is no reason why one needs RTK and thermal (although it is nice to have) to do every visual survey of buildings, construction sites and towers when you already have a good 4k camera. Just give us some automated scanning options and we can get 90% there with what we have. Then send a more expensive drone to evaluate the problem areas identified by visual inspections or for the milimeter-accurate scans.

That will give them tones of breathing room to polish and refine the Evo 3 Pro to spank the Mavic 3 and M30.

I know I am preaching to the choir, here, but Autel needs to do what Sony did in the 2000s to every other video camera manufacturer, in one fell swoop, with the release of the VX3000 miniDV camcorder and the DSR PD-150. They stole the ENTIRE entry level, documentary and single camera journalism video production from all the other big players with that release. It had quirks you had to work around but it worked and gave us a piece of gear that for $6000 would do 95% of what only a $30,000 camera would do the night before. Even though it cannibalized a few of their higher-end camera sales, they made millions!!!

Autel could do the same, but I am not sure they have the guts to do it.
Only if the Autel R&D had a brain with eyes and ears to see what should be done ..... 9 months later and only crickets ....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy