Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone takes a drink!

fernandezoro

Reaction score
I recently went fishing and took my autel evo 2 with me like I always have.i fish from a personal boat "float tube" and i take my drone to capture the fishing footage but this time I flipped my boat and everything I had with me went under!!! Including my drone and remote! Well I took the battery out of the drone and put it in rice as well as the remote control.i let it sit for a few days before I tried them.everything works except the joysticks don't!they dont do anything!all the buttons work and the Gumball control works but not the joysticks!anyone know anything I can do to fly my drone again???

I recently went fishing and took my autel evo 2 with me like I always have.i fish from a personal boat "float tube" and i take my drone to capture the fishing footage but this time I flipped my boat and everything I had with me went under!!! Including my drone and remote! Well I took the battery out of the drone and put it in rice as well as the remote control.i let it sit for a few days before I tried them.everything works except the joysticks don't!they dont do anything!all the buttons work and the Gumball control works but not the joysticks!anyone know anything I can do to fly my drone again???

That's terrible, fortunately you made it out ok. I would try giving the remote a few more days to dry out or maybe buy just a new remote. It sounds like you were in fresh water which is a good thing; salt water and everything would have been a total loss.

The problem with the remote is there's no way to remove the battery so it could have stayed energized long enough to fry more circuitry vs the drone which needs the battery turned on to supply power.

Fly with caution with any aircraft that has water damage! For the remote, you may just have to get a new one. :confused:

It may sound counter-intuitive, but when you get water damage, take what was in the water and immerse it in DISTILLED water. Distilled water has no minerals, and actually acts as a solvent to dissolve and salt and/or minerals that might have been in the water in which you dunked it. Then, dry out the circuits as much as possible in a warm, low humidity environment. The distilled water will evaporate eventually, leaving no deposits behind.
Of course, I would only do this if no other options existed. Either this, or trash everythingl. It's worth a try.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja