Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does The USB Port Location Bug You Too?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
It sure bugs me! :eek:

I find it sticks out to far when plugged in and forget about leaving it connected for storage in the case.
I came across these little gems...

IMG_3649.jpg

So I ordered a pair. Now don't be like me and just start smashing the purchase button right away and order the wrong orientation. :confused:
I re-ordered another pair, this time a right & a left orientated set. Here it is plugged into my cable...

IMG_3650.jpg

This way I can leave that sucker plugged in and store it in the case with ease and just as important, you can set it down on a flat surface without the USB cable sticking out preventing it from sitting flat and taking all the weight. You can get them on the interwebs at places like Amazon, Ebay, etc. I used my Prime account to get a pair for $7 shipped. (twice:()

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

Use the adapter myself. Works like a champ!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It sure bugs me! :eek:

I find it sticks out to far when plugged in and forget about leaving it connected for storage in the case.
I came across these little gems...

View attachment 163

So I ordered a pair. Now don't be like me and just start smashing the purchase button right away and order the wrong orientation. :confused:
I re-ordered another pair, this time a right & a left orientated set. Here it is plugged into my cable...

View attachment 164

This way I can leave that sucker plugged in and store it in the case with ease and just as important, you can set it down on a flat surface without the USB cable sticking out preventing it from sitting flat and taking all the weight. You can get them on the interwebs at places like Amazon, Ebay, etc. I used my Prime account to get a pair for $7 shipped. (twice:()

View attachment 165

View attachment 162

I also have one, now just waiting for my 12" cable I purchased as the one supplied by AR is too long.

Sorry to burst your bubble, mine was $0.99, only draw back it took 3 weeks to arrive from China.
My bubble is good :D Nice score for 99¢
I knew I could get one cheaper but slower... I am sometimes too impatient to wait.
My name is TJ, and I am a Prime junkie :cool:

I'll just forgo a charbucks coffee next week.
images

EDIT: just saw your other post on yours with the link.
I went with USB3 vs. the USB2 version for compatibility with other components.
I got a few extras that I will use with other devices, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerPrin
Now the ones listed by you paul are 3.0 rather than 2.0. Does that make a difference????
Since it was my link originally I will answer. I don't know if the TX is using USB2 or USB3 but I chose those because I was planning on using them for assorted applications that are USB3.

Very good point TJ. I should have thought of that myself before ordering but alas, mine arrived today. The Port is USB2 for those wanting to know. Now I wanna find a Cable short enough to fit.

I too ran into this issue. I decided to go a different route because I didn't want to block any of the other ports on the rear of the controller. Using this method also allows me to use a short cable to my tablet. So far it's easy to plug and unplug.

The adapter I used was an "Up Angle". I also compared the USB plug configuration to my controller to be sure it would be facing down.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RDWWWSQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 0118171959a.jpg
    0118171959a.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 0118171959b.jpg
    0118171959b.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 75

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads