Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does the Evo really have a 10-bit camera?

Ansia

Reaction score
Autel just released this video a few minutes ago and they claim to have a 10-bit camera in H.265. Is this right? Or did I misunderstand something along the way?

I highly doubt it or they would be bragging it can do HDR video. Even the Parrot Anafi is not true 10 bit video and they claim HDR video. I guess it all depends on who is saying what.

Like I said I Highly doubt it. It takes more then a little drone camera to be 10 bit. Try one of these and I will believe it :)

According to the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association), HDR10 must meet certain standards, including 4:2:0 colour sub-sampling, 10-bit bit depth and the BT.2020 colour space. It applies those specific standards to the picture displayed by the TV.
Dolby Vision is 12bit.

I would like to know what tools they are using to claim 10 bit video?

According to the CEA (Consumer Electronics Association), HDR10 must meet certain standards, including 4:2:0 colour sub-sampling, 10-bit bit depth and the BT.2020 colour space. It applies those specific standards to the picture displayed by the TV.
Dolby Vision is 12bit.

I would like to know what tools they are using to claim 10 bit video?
Can I use this in their youtube video? Commenting I mean.

I see no reason why not. I would be interested in or if they respond. Perhaps we all can learn something or not ;)
Ask what tools they used to measure this!
Gog a reply from them. Not what I expected, but reply none the less. ?
20190329_212606.jpg

Autel just released this video a few minutes ago and they claim to have a 10-bit camera in H.265. Is this right? Or did I misunderstand something along the way?

I started the video out at 3:13 in case anyone needs to know how to shoot like a pro ?

The information you are saying they are claiming is mention at exactly 4:00 minutes. ?

I knew this weeks ago and already played around with it. As mentioned in the video -- it takes A LOT out of your PC, so be careful.... hahahahah ?

I stuck with h.264 - it's still hard on your computer, but nothing like h.265 was.

I did not notice any difference much in color -- this may be different once I am setup with ND filters.

I started the video out at 3:13 in case anyone needs to know how to shoot like a pro ?

The information you are saying they are claiming is mention at exactly 4:00 minutes. ?

I knew this weeks ago and already played around with it. As mentioned in the video -- it takes A LOT out of your PC, so be careful.... hahahahah ?

I stuck with h.264 - it's still hard on your computer, but nothing like h.265 was.

I did not notice any difference much in color -- this may be different once I am setup with ND filters.

I know I can't run H.265. I've lost some great footage, because I can't use it.

I used his settings for expo and gimbal. They really made a difference.

Reactions: thomasr
The H.265 files are 4:2:0 YUV. Based on file size, I doubt very much that they're 10 bit per channel chroma sub sampling.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 5.12.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 5.12.11 PM.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 5.29.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 5.29.14 PM.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Ansia

Suffice it to say that, without a doubt, the Evo has a great camera.

Reactions: PX1P

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials